The Prestigious Europa League 2019/2020 thread

Celtic have more pedigree in Europeā€™s premier competition than Spuds have.

1 Like

Finals?

I asked how many he has won, I think he won it on his 7th attempt.

Wow. Glasgow Celtic, 7 years ago in a clash of the perennial winners of the Mickey Mouse leagues are the only scalp that ā€˜serial winnerā€™ Coach Conte has ever claimed in a knockout tie in the European Cup!

Youā€™ve been founding wanting when youā€™ve been asked for answers.

That is the history of @ChairmanDan, he runs for the hills when the going gets tough.

Captain Skidmarks.

It sickens the dinosaur conte came in and took a team that finished 7th in the league and won it at a canter the following season.

Hereā€™s a bold statement.

If Conteā€™s Inter Milan donā€™t win next seasonā€™s CL, I will resign from the forum.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be gone long before then mate

2 Likes

You need to take a break for a while. Jurgen Klopp has destroyed your life.

You are heaving a serious breakdown here as the scale of Coach Conteā€™s underachievement in the European Cup has become apparent to you in comparison to Coach Klopp.

Itā€™s the serial winner Antonio Conte who has destroyed you.

You pillock.

6th attempt. This season just gone was his 7th as far as I know.

111 goals in all competitions for Inter this season.

Credit to Conte for taking a team backboned by EPL busted flushes to a European final

1 Like

Huh? You starting trolling me about 15 minutes ago about Coach Conte, how heā€™s a serious winner and all his achievements in European Football.

I pointed out to you that despite managing three former European Cup champions, in his 5 cracks at the European Cup, heā€™s failed to get his team out of the group stages on 3 occasions and has only registered one knockout tie win over Glasgow Celtic.

Then you want off on a tangent and brought Coach Klopp into it. Coach Klopp and Liverpool FC have ruined your life.

Bob Paisley won the Euopean Cup at the first time of asking with Liverpool, as did Joe Fagan and Rafael Benitez. Bob Paisley won it 3 times from his first 5 cracks at it. Coach Klopp got Liverpool to a European Cup final at his first crack at it and won it second time of asking.

When Liverpool eventually have to go looking for a successor for Coach Klopp, I doubt theyā€™ll be knocking on Coach Conteā€™s door if theyā€™re serious about adding to their haul of European Cups.

Ashley Young was the only EPL busted flush who saw much game time tonight

Boohoo, Iā€™ve just called you out on your ignorance and youā€™ve behaved like a petty child.

Conte is a serial winner. Pretty much guarantees instant success in highly pressurised circumstances.

You pointed out that he was a failure in Europe, he is in a European final on Friday. You also lied about the number of attempts he has had.

You went off on a tangent about Klopp because Conte is a serial winner who brings instant success in a pressurised situation. Klopp is a guy who might finally get it right with serious time, support and resources provided to him.

Getting to a final isnā€™t winning. When you follow a club with the history of Spurs, then you donā€™t appreciate the value of delivering silverware. Making the final = loser mentality.

Conte wouldnā€™t take 4 years to deliver silverware, he wouldnā€™t lose a title to Leicester City by 21 points.

Hardly a busted flush either, a regular for a top 4 team and multiple title winner in England with nearly 400 top flight appearances.

Was he still United captain when he left?

Yes.

Lukaku having a great season for Inter. Always rated him as a good goalscorer.

I repeat - 5 attempts at the European Cup (with 3 former champions), 3 exits in the group stages and only one knockout tie win over Glasgow Celtic in the last 16.