The Prestigious Europa League 2019/2020 thread

Well and cost of living. I assume the Brazilians playing in Estonia and the likes aren’t earning a fortune.

0 0 at HT
Slovan booed off
This is there for the taking

Of course.
Not to mention the fact that fellas prefer to stay at home watching Hamilton academical on a TV sub that costs a fortune instead of supporting the thing here

End to end stuff here…
Could be 2 all
That was some miss by Sean Murray

Some amount of bottles raining down on the pitch here
That was a stonewall spotter I thought. .

Jamie macgrath is having a brilliant game
These fellas are rattled now

1-0 to Slovan in the finish. Great shot came back off the upright and a Slovan player scuttered in the rebound.

Dundalk had chances and they have become a doughty second tier European team. I’d fancy them to score in the second leg.

Daniel Cleary’s header at the end there that was tipped onto the bar was heartbreaking for them
Dundalk will score allright - pity its not on in Oriel Park tho
Tallaght more represents a normal football ground , in fact its a fantastic football ground now and it’ll be easier for a crowd like Slovan who are devoid of any spine
Jesus they played very well there tonight - really went out and battled away - its great to see it really this far into a qualifying tournament

sorry that was Mountney
the ball from Jamie Mcgrath,

BTW
this lad does excellent coverage- the interview there with the ex dundalk youth keeper there is very good

Why aren’t they playing in Oriel Park?

it dosent meet the ground requirements for this stage of the competition
if they were to play there - all that could be opened is the main stand that houses a few hundred people.

Because it’s a kip

1 Like

Informative.

the managerial saga at Slovan is wonderful @Fagan_ODowd
The first guy was fired after they were beaten by Sutjeska on spotters in the CL
Then they were drawn to play the kosovan champions Feronikilli in the qualifying round of the Europa League but their interim manager a Serb was ordered not to recognise the game by the Serb government so he was booted out too,
The current chap is a Slovak who has a long association with the club.

eastern european football truly is epic - Abena the Surinamese Dutch center half they signed from Spartak Trnava was on the end of serious racial abuse from the Slovan mob in the Slovak cup final last may - he then went and signed for them
it got very spciy behind the goal there last night - id say things could get bad very easily

2 Likes

TFK were represented at the game in Bratislava and no talk of trouble has been reported back.

3 Likes

Sevco 1 up in Denmark, that would be a great result for them. I would have expected the Danish side to take them.

Sevco two up.

Great result for them.

Midjtylland are probably a better side than Cluj.

3-0 now.

The Danes have 1 back.

Rijeka go one up against The Dons.

Another back for the Danes.

2-3