The Prestigious Europa League 2019/2020 thread

Bolingoli has been Celticā€™s best player.

This ref is starting to piss me off. Theyā€™re getting most of the tight calls.

1 Like

Elyonoussi has been really wasteful.

1 Like

Ffs sake

Classic Italian counter

Sucker punch.

Elyonoussi is playing really poorly.

Ajer was right to drop but he came to a complete halt and was never going to keep up with the runner. He needed to keep his pace up and match the run.

Forster needs to save that. We needed to shift across that way earlier too. After being very dominant for last few minutes

We keep trying to go by their players when we donā€™t need to.

Weā€™re dancing to Lazioā€™s tune now.

Iā€™d like you to revisit this. Heā€™s been very good both directions.

That was a real kick in the teeth. We werenā€™t playing flawlessly but were beginning to dominate and then got sucker punched.

Ajer and Forster and Bolingoli might all have done better but I donā€™t think it was a glaring error from Ajer or Bolingoli anyway. More just Bolingoli not starting quickly enough and Ajer not adjusting his line early enough. Just very clinical execution. Iā€™d want Forster to do more than miss it completely on his near post though.

Elyounoussi has been a bit too wasteful and needs to try and keep it better. In general weā€™ve probably been a bit too frantic on the ball around their box but heā€™s been most frequently guilty of taking on too much and losing it.

Is Bastos the same lad that was a left wing back for Lyon or someone, or is that a completely different fella and Iā€™ve done a John Motson on it?

Someone else. I made that mistake earlier.

Edouard has to get that ball right.

That Bastos must be about 40 now.

Bit Tom Petty from the ref there, Iā€™m in the socks down union.

Heā€™s been good, had a couple of good blocks.

Thought Christie letting fly from 30 yards on a bouncing ball when weā€™d committed men forward was ill advised. It wasnā€™t really the percentage play and they had loads of space to break into.

Weā€™ve been a bit frantic around the box alright. Some poor decisions and execution when we should be carving out chances if we take more care and pick the proper pass. Elyounoussi and Forrest need to up it too.

I think we need to go two up top guys. Itā€™s too easy for them with just Edouard there, neither Forrest or Elyonoussi getting into it.

It wasnā€™t a foul but Ajer takes some liberties with his hands on opponents.

1 Like