The Prestigious Europa League 2019/2020 thread

Life is good my efriends

2 Likes

Christie had an unreal second half.

2 Likes

Heā€™s some man. A shit ton of energy and loads of quality

I love you.

1 Like

Thought Edouard was immense in that last 20, heā€™s some man when he gets a defender faced up.

1 Like

Bastos had a great game but Edouard was way on top for the last 25 or so and bullied him.

He also exploited the space that Lazzari left behind him. Lazzari was excellent for them all game but we at least used the space he left in behind really well as the game went on.

Heā€™s a majestic player, he wasnā€™t at his best tonight but I like his character above everything else. It doesnā€™t get commented on a lot but he works very hard and puts in a great shift, he has a good temperament too, stays cool and keeps looking for the ball even when we arenā€™t going well and even when heā€™s being suffocated.

2 Likes

UP THE RA

2 Likes

Watching that save again. That was an unreal stop from Forster. Outstanding.

I think credit to Lennon tonight too for pushing on and going for it with the wing backs at the end. As @Bandage says we tried a 3 at the back with the existing players for a few minutes earlier but it didnā€™t work. But with the right players it allowed us to get momentum back and to press them much higher.

Eduoard was excellent. Jullien was very good at the back and Foster well, what a save at the end. Sets them up well for the remaining 3 games.

Paul Dempsey is a top class broadcaster, one of the best about.

3 Likes

Heā€™s a bloody great guy.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Brown showing a criminal lack of pace trying to get to the celebrations there.

Willie Collum gave a last minute decisive penalty to Broussia Monchengladbach for the ball hitting Smalling flush in the face. What an incompetent referee. You donā€™t get those wrong unless youā€™re completely guessing.

1 Like

Gollum would hardly just guess, would he?

Smalling is fucking woeful, who is he playing for these days?

Stay off this thread fanta pants

1 Like

Donā€™t be so defensive Smithers.

Great move by Lenno.