The Prestigious Europa League 2019/2020 thread

I think it’s too easy to blame Lennon. We created more than enough chances to win those games. Simunovic clearly shouldn’t gift them a goal like that. Rogic shouldn’t try a chest pass in his own half when we’ve just equalised. Forrest and Elyounoussi and Griffiths should bury their chances.

Lennon could have swapped Frimpong for Simunovic at half time but that’s about it. We were better than them throughout. We made appalling errors.

Beaten in the last 32 in europa the last 3 years in a row. Taught celts wouldn’t go down so easily this time around :face_vomiting:

I thought Cluj was worse. We were wide open all game. We had more control in that match despite being too vulnerable. Obviously far from good but that was absolutely there for the taking and we missed a glut of chances before handing them a couple on a plate.

It’s not easy to blame Lennon. It’s another shitcan performance from his side in another massive game.

Lennon doesn’t seem to be very good in big cup ties or derby games whereas Gerrard seems to excel on the big occasions but doesn’t have the consistency to win a league. A bit like his playing career actually, with the exception of his sole Premier League title in 2013/14. There was no element of fluke about Rangers’ dominance in those last two Old Firm games however.

Is the money been properly invested by mr Desmond in Glasgow just trying to get my head around whata happening off the pitch

Lennon is a fraud.

When Edouard has an off night you see how poor Celtic are.

He has also flogged Callum McGregor to death, he looked like he was running in quicksand.

Rumours brenda Rodgers wants him at Leicester

It’s a collective thing alright but he had a very poor night. Absolutely maddening and baffling to leave Simunovic on. The team shat it and were leggy but he left Frimpong on the bench who’s full of pace.

The fact that he played for them around 50 times and scored probably the most famous goal in their history didn’t give you a clue why he might support them?

Paul Dempsey asking why we didn’t stabilise when we equalised. Same as Cluj in the summer. That’s on Lennon too.

That’s a pity. I was looking forward to extra time and pelanties.

You presumed Gerry Armstrong was a Protestant? :smile:

You are not the football hipster I thought you were.

Probable scenario at Highbury

Yeah.

Not sure why you’d think I was a football hipster. You’re only here about a month and I’ve barely watched a football game outside the CL/PL since

1 Like

I would have brought Frimpong and Bitton in. We lost the midfield in the last quarter. Think Rogic and Elyounoussi both tired and we lost control as a result. Even McGregor got sloppy and he had been very assured until then.

So I think he could have tweaked things better but the formation worked better than I thought it would and we had some brilliant chances. The one Griffiths missed was unreal.

I’d have Simunovic taking most blame. Brown I thought should have been showing better leadership on the pitch, particularly after we equalised. And the likes of Ajer and Rogic have to take at least as much blame as Lennon does. They didn’t have players who made the type of casual error that Rogic did. Maybe they’re better coached but a guy with that experience shouldn’t need someone yelling at him to not try that sort of shit. Same as Ntcham in the first leg (though Ntcham has far less experience obviously).

A very disappointing result. Not a great night for Lennon by any means but if Edouard takes his chances in the first leg and if anyone takes their chances in the second leg we would have won comfortably. I don’t think the scorelines reflect the balance of play at all. And obviously you can’t just ignore them but equally it’s not the whole story either.

Aubameyang with a cracker to win it

Smashing effort. Olympiakos only need 1 still though, right?