The Prestigious Europa League 2019/2020 thread

Was he still United captain when he left?

Yes.

Lukaku having a great season for Inter. Always rated him as a good goalscorer.

I repeat - 5 attempts at the European Cup (with 3 former champions), 3 exits in the group stages and only one knockout tie win over Glasgow Celtic in the last 16.

Clarify the 5 attempts there like a good little idiot boy.

Some lads would have you think that Romelu Lukaku who was on course to get close to Alan Shearer’s scoring record was a busted flush

Hmm

2 Likes

Some lads never rated him

1 Like

@Biff_Egan with a serious clamping there on @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

Lukaku always looked lazy in the EPL, a player who probably never really played past 70% of his ability.

He needed a manager like Conte to get the best out of him.

It would have been interesting how he’d have done at Chelsea when Conte wanted him, the Chelsea board pretty much failed Conte in all of his primary transfer targets. He wanted Bonucci, Koulibaly, Romagnoli and he got Luiz. He wanted Nainnggolan and he got Bakayoko, he wanted Lukaku and he got Morata, he wanted Alex Sandro and he got Alonso, etc, etc .

Inter will win.

@Nembo_Kid knew Lukaku always had, it took Conte to get it out of him.

Its been a Mickey Mouse tournament since the evolution of the European Cup into the ‘Champions League’. Its akin to the Tommy Murphy Cup or the Joe McDonagh Cup in gaelic football and hurling. A pale shadow of the tournament that Spurs won back in 1984 or that Internazionale won in the early 1990’s.

Yet you were lauding Klopp for getting to the final of it a few posts back.

Didn’t your beloved Jurgen Klopp shit his pants against Sevilla in it one season when he focused the whole season around it?

Cringe.

I wasn’t aware that Coach Klopp had ever got to the UEFA Cup Final, but perhaps he did back in his Bundesliga days. I’ll bow to your greater knowledge of German club soccer. Oh yes, I see he got to a UEFA Cup Final with Liverpool in his first half season.

Lols for the dinosaur he lost a final to Sevilla in first season with Liverpool.

@ChairmanDan

Coach Klopp got to a final, a half season into the job when he was still finding his feet and hadn’t even a summer transfer window under his belt to leave his mark. Coach Ole, a year further into his tenure at Old Trafford still hasn’t got to a final and has just achieved the unwanted record of a triple semi final defeat in the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup.

@ChairmanDan still running away from this one.