The Prestigious Europa League thread 2018/2019

jesus Bala are going well. Noel Dunphy’s youngfella still involved with them?

1 Like

i found this result odd as well
this is only the second victory ever for a club side from san marino in european competition
Tre Penne beat Shirak from armenia a few years back i think
its also the first time a side from san marino have scored more thna one goal in a european match afaik
Bala Town at this elementary level would be deemed to be no mugs , they have beaten Levadia tallinn and ran FC Vaduz close last year also

Couple of unfortunate mistakes there alright.

Dundalk 1 up after 65 mins, Derry 1 down after 21 mins

Derry 1-0 up away to Minsk. Surely they can’t…

its a pretty big ask allright
St, Pats won out there a few years back -
hope they can nick a second now

dundalk should be comfortable later
Rovers are up against a really good side- i did a summary of that game last week in the CL thread- itll be a huge as for them to turn that around

Derry now 2-1 up with 15 to go. One more…

Lech Poznan in danger of going out to some Armenians. Give them more time to make beer I suppose.

Shamrock rovers 1-0 up against aik in Stockholm at h/t , would be a great win against very good opposition

they are on top now but who knows

locals very friendly but pints very expensive

so close to a last minute winner

hit the post

koh

Fair play man!! Big scalp if they pull it off but yeve done it before

losing now

Dundalk 2-1 up, 3-1 on aggregate

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy well done and safe home
their fans are fantastic allright
listen , dont want to sound twee but that was a monumental performance over 90 minutes tonite
i coverred their squad in depth last week, all their starting swedes are capped, Elyounossi 60 caps for Norway, Yasin Iraqi center forward- a 20k average home gate in a big league
how many teenagers were out there? Watts was unreal, Aaron Bolger, Bazunanu (sp),its fantaastc to see.
lads we have to get behind irish clubs in Europe no matter who we support, this is the future of the game ,its imperative
well done derry also and Dundalk roll on

1 Like

That miss though, cost us 500k?

ah it was heartbreaking

Dundalk lads
i fancy them to beat AEK
they are getting up a head of steam similar to 2016- domestic and European form now are really coming togther, huge squad with decent seasoned pros and also Adorjan and Chevdukas
Im guessing this game will be Taillight

Watts is a serious player mate. A smashing signing potentially

1 Like

no
we got 240 for this and would have gotten 260 extra for next round

1 Like

first time i really watched him last week, an oustanding player , a real baller