The Prestigous Europa Conference League 2021/22/22/23/24

That’s all well in good but they’re have to knock a stand that took 20 years to build. The GAA would need to invest that 42k again to rebuild it.

1 Like

The Desmond League is my league pal

Coach Keane’s troops locked in a grim stalemate with the Cypriots

Mon candy stripes

MTA progress courtesy of an 86th minute penalty, haunted not to concede a few minutes earlier. The atmosphere at Bloomfield Stadium was positively febrile

Derry on top generally but Tobol have a few of their better players up front. Ivanovic is a real throwback type.

1 Like

This has been a hard watch. Pace of the game very pedestrian.

Maher is as bad hitting a pen as he is at saving them.

2 Likes

I wonder did Kanschelskis meet up with his old buddy Anthony Tohill tonight.

1 Like

Joe as usual has his timelines mixed up there. Tohill didn’t come back from Manchester United to win an All-Ireland with Derry. He went to United around January/February 1995, this was the winter of the Derry strike after Eamon Coleman had been sacked though the players had gone back by then. Tohill then signed for Derry City after Derry had been beaten by Tyrone in the 1995 championship. If I recall rightly he had to go into goal in a European tie. They could have done with him in goal in the shoot out tonight actually as they guy they had was useless.

Neither did Tohill retire from Derry at 30. 2003 was his last year. He was minor in '89 so that would have made him 32.

Tohill was a phenomenal footballer. Don’t think there was a better midfielder from when Jack O’Shea declined up to when Brian Fenton came along.

The facts are merely incidental.

Its the way he tells it is where the real skill is. Losing his train of thought thinking about Tohill’s gleaming physique is very funny.

Think that knock shook him

Is that all of the LOL clubs out of Europe by the middle of August?

1 Like

They need to switch back to winter football.

Fucking split season

2 Likes

Another legacy of John Delaney.

one of the most celebrated people in Irish life

really?

Yep

Catastrophe unfolding for genocide apologist Robert Keane.