The Prestigious Europa League thread 2018/2019

Mulumbu performing resolutely.

I think weā€™ll lose 3-1 guys.

Very much under the cosh

I donā€™t think Hendry should leave that at all.

Gone very narrow here. Salzburgā€™s deliveries have been good, I wouldnā€™t have much faith in Celtic being able to defend their 18 yard line for another 60 minutes

Definitely prioritizing bodies in the middle over supporting the wing backs. McGregor would usually have a bit of freedom to help defensively but tonight heā€™s just been in the screen with Ntcham and Mulumbu.

Griffiths has a great leap.

Shocking yellow there,

Very harsh yellow there.

Should Edouard have done better?

I thought he did very well there.

Got it caught under his feet when the chance presented itself.

Eduard is very raw

Yeah but he did well to create that. He was unlucky more than anything I thought.

These lads are some whingers.

Wonder if weā€™ll keep two up front. Griffiths hasnā€™t really done much. Edouard has been mixed but took his goal brilliantly and is more useful defensively anyway but may not be as fit.

Hard for the lads to do much up front when the ball isnā€™t really being used constructively. I think Griffiths has been lively but we havenā€™t had enough of the play to get him in.

Edouard on the other hand is more suited to feeding on scraps and took his goal well but has been quite frustrating and isnā€™t making the ball stick there like you need him to.

1 Like

Yeah agreed with that but Griffiths isnā€™t making it stick either.

I wouldnā€™t be blaming either of them either by taking them off. Just thinking we didnā€™t think weā€™d have a lead to defend and we arenā€™t able to cover them wide when we commit numbers centrally.

Yeah, I donā€™t think Griffiths has been bad but Edouard certainly more suited to the lone striker than Griffiths. The options on the bench arenā€™t too inspiring, I donā€™t think Christie will ever be good enough and Sinclair has been off key this season.

Sinclairā€™s pace I guess is useful in this sort of game and heā€™s not the most defensive player in the world but at least heā€™ll know the system better.

Ntcham has been poor I think but had a nice steal a couple of moments ago. Hope he gets it together now.