The Pretend Fitness Thread

Too boring, mind numbing running in circles and there’s fuck all bounce off that track

I run with the dog most mornings around half 6 but she’s always tripping me and stopping for discarded chicken hut

When I was fit many years ago I did 35 laps of that as my only training the week before my first half marathon… Sadly, those days are long gone.

If you can get through the monotony of doing 14km going round there, a half marathon Is a walk in the park

1 Like

If you’re aiming to do an event - 10k or half marathon, I’d recommend taking some time off the road.

Another good place is to go down to Baggot Estate and run laps of that. I used run down the dock road, through the old race track, come out by Catholic institute and head up to Baggot for a few rounds

2 Likes

Where to you enter the racecourse from the Dock road, is it down by the greyhound track?

yeah, go in by the dog track car park and then you’re running a mix of trail and old road. You used to be able to go through a back field which would bring you onto a paved road that would bring you under the flyover at Crescent and you could run all the way to Rosbrien. The problem is the last time, I went that way, it was very overgrown.

Here’s a map from a while back

Track is for 100, 200 & 400’s

Can be very enjoyable

It looks like you were running around in circles.

Not really a track, it’s a 500 meter astro carpet surrounding the hurling pitch, I’ll use it but I like getting out and about

Just as good really

There’s a wide part where I used to pull in some times for planks, push ups, squats, burpees etc

Teachers pet :grinning:

1 Like

Perfect for general fitness and aerobic capacity.

General fitness is actually really easy to train for than most lunatics realise

Quick question, is there anything to be said for splashing out on the best of running shoes, I have a pair of Asics that were good ten years ago, still in good nick due to minimal use but I find them quite bulky.

You could run the track in Mary I in bare feet.

Call into Siobhan in Limerick sports store and she’ll tell you what you should be wearing. It’ll more than likely be a pair of asics, but she’ll get you the right ones

1 Like

id say you are a over pronator?

Most roasters are slight over pronators,
I’d say you’ve a lovely neutral gait

1 Like

im neutral mate