The Pretend Fitness Thread

You’d drop the first stone in about a month off the beer, it’s insane

1 Like

A strong shot of caffeine is a must.

Weights.

Just a few seconds over 45 minutes in my second ever 10k race today, probably ready for a half but will leave it a couple of months. Definite marathon in 2019, what are the best ones to apply for?

4 Likes

Ireland or abroad? Can’t really go wrong with Dublin for your first one.

I’ve heard Dublin is a great one, I promised myself the first (maybe last)would be abroad but im not sure now

1 Like

45 mins is solid mate, good work. You running a few times a week?

1 Like

Yeah support in Dublin is great. Course is challenging enough but runnable. Have ran Berlin a couple of times and it’s pancake flat and also a great city. Has a lottery entry system so not guaranteed to get in. Only other one I’ve ran is Boston but need a qualifying time for that. Think I was about 45 mins for 10K when ran my first one. You should be capable of getting under 3;30.

1 Like

How do you know if someone is training for a marathon?

They tell you

6 Likes

Run a home marathon. There is a reason why teams perform better at home rather than away. Choose a marathon in county where you live. Dont get fixated on elevation and the likes. Its 26.2 miles regardless. If you have any questions about training, fire away.

Run Dublin. Do your next one abroad. Running marathons is madness.

2 Likes

Dont run a marathon you will take years off your life.

2 Likes

A very strange form of exercise

All I can do at the moment, contact sports are out for another while, bates getting fat.

Jump boots

1 Like

I’m hoping to do Dublin 2019 pal.
I made a bit of a fuck up with Limerick last year so don’t take any advice from me

2 Likes

I started a pretend fitness bootcampie style thing tonight. Will be very sore tomorrow.

You’re an overweight twenty something girl? Well I never

4 Likes

Yep. I’ve a great pair of tits on me at the moment. I can barely get anything done.

Agreed , 10k is enough for the majority of people to run .

1 Like