The Pretend Fitness Thread

Great running buddy. If you’re planning on running longer distances long term I’d recommend you listen to Kev and change one of your runs to some sort of strength training, yoga, pilates, whatever you’re into, purely with an eye to avoiding injury.
Don’t rush into a marathon. If you can get your 10k time down to 40 mins first you’ll run a cracking marathon.

1 Like

Training at about 95% VO2 Max is the way to go for improving 5K times?

Happy birthday

1 Like

That’s the target, it’s doesn’t feel particularly fast to run at 4 minute kilometers

Thanks mate, a couple of weeks ago now

Do 5 or 6 1k intervals during the week and you’ll be under the 20 in no time

1 Like

There is no one way.

Depends on level.

For some just running 5km is the answer, for a while.

For others interval work helps.

Others hill work can make massive improvements.

V02 is only one component.

:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

I do a bit of that fartlek running sometimes, run fast to a pole in the distance or something like that, the problem I have is that I don’t particularly enjoy killing myself like that, I really like to do an 8, 10 or 12k at about 4:45 pace before the kids are up, listen to a few tunes or a podcast, it’s nice to do well in tne events but I wouldn’t sacrifice my enjoyment

That’s decent, I would do most of my running at 5 mins a km with the exception of the sessions. Joining a club if it was an option would also bring you on a lot.

Did under 24 mins at the #gt5k on Wednesday evening

5 Likes

Jogged in to have a look at it and got soaked. Some rain.

Poured down for the first 3k I’d say and for 5 mins before the start. Great event though.

That’s great running, well done.

:laughing:

1 Like

What’s with the laughter? 20mins very good time

Its the humble brag about something so meaningless I’m laughing at

Fair enough, on a forum where lads brag about and post pictures of dinners their wives made, it’s a harmless enough one.

Making a nice dinner is much more meaningful than having a good 5k time

I disagree. Much easier to make a bit of food than run 4min kms for 90% of the fat cunts that reside here.