The Pretend Fitness Thread

I’ve swam every day this week and did 4 x 5ks. Drank a bottle of whiskey on Friday night and I’m back to square 1. I’ll get a swim in the morning and I’ll be back in business.

4 Likes

It was well organised, course was fairly compact, 150 took part.
I need to get myself a watch because I had no idea what pace I was doing. Had plenty in the tank for the past km, I should have gone a bit quicker earlier. Football training will be starting back soon so won’t have many more free Saturday mornings.

@Tassotti I’m going to give this another rattle this morning. Going to try to pace it a bit better and hopefully knock 30secs of last week’s time

3 Likes

Had a few issues with the new watch but I reckon I knocked about a minute off last week.

3 Likes

@TreatyStones talking to himself on this thread

That’s NLP mate. You were an early champion of it.

2 Likes

Handy that your broken watch showed a faster time than you thought you could do.

Huh? It’s a timed event mate, the results are public record.

1 Like

so why do you only reckon you knocked a minute off?

If it’s a timed event he should know the time not “reckon” he knocked a minute off. Something fishy is going on here.

Even his lies are lies

2 Likes

Straight after the event I only had my watch to go by, when the official results came out later on I saw I knocked 1min 4secs off my previous time.

Big improvement, I only lapped you once this week

Seriously, what sort of time? 5k is a tough distance simply because of the speed you’re doing, go out hard and just hang in there for dear life, I’m in and around 20 mins for the last 5 or 6 I’ve done but it’s hard to go any faster, I’d say if I rested for a couple of days beforehand I could do 19.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any doubt but that you could.

4 Likes

22:17 this week, 23:21 last week, so nothing outstanding, but I’m happy with it given I’ve only run 3 times since Christmas and the unfittest I’ve ever been.

2 Likes

Those are really good times when you’re not running regularly, great crowds at the parkruns lately, I did Mungret last week, hungover yesterday

I probably won’t get a chance to do another one for a while as I’m away next weekend and football training will be most Saturdays from now on.

Bleeding from both nipples after a 10k race this morning, agony, forgot the lanacare :flushed:

1 Like

Were you wearing a wooly jumper or what?

Are you still running every morning