The Pretend Fitness Thread

I never ran every morning mate, that’d be insane. I still run in the mornings three or four times a week, usually with the dog

I think you are doing running wrong

How far?

What about with ekko runners?

Depends what time I get out of bed, on a work day anything from 7-12k

I haven’t any experience of the ENKO’s but they’d certainly suit you.

1 Like

137km done this year, so far so good. No speed but laying down good foundations for DCM 2’19

3 Likes

I bought a new book today, anyone done Boston??

A lad in my gym does it every year.

Did it in 2017. Would love to do it again. The heat got the better of me.

1 Like

Fair play to ya, it was the opposite last year, what was your qualifying time?

Ran 2’57 in Berlin. Great race too. Definitely worth a couple of minutes over Dublin.

2 Likes

Ran 2:35 in London but taking slope and wind assistants in to factor it was a more 2:40ish run.

I did 2.33 in New York.

1 Like

That’s amazing, I won’t need to go nearly that fast to qualify

Signing in lads. Signed up for a ‘swim the channel’ test in the local pool. Which is not half as impressive as it sounds. Its about 1640 lengths, to be done at your leisure before the end of april. Did 50 yesterday. Back in this morning.

5 Likes

Did 70 odd lengths. Apparently it’s only 1360 lengths. 34k. Sure I’ll be feeling like a winner and looking like Adonis in no time.

2 Likes

In a gym the last few months. Always battled with the boredom of running, but have given the treadmill an aul lash, but mix it up with an eleptical. While I look silly on one, it does the job.
Want to have a lash off the punchbag. Used to have one at home years ago, but I feel like a bit of a tool, as the only gloves I have are MMA style ones, and would be panned out after 10 minutes at the bag.
Someone recommended I get gloves or mitts instead. Good advice or not?
I found some drills online before that are really good and only take 10 minutes. Would a punching bag be good to burn off the gut?

I was really heavy in my teens until I got one. It’s fantastic exercise. Just make sure your hands are well protected. Buy wraps and decent mitts.

great stuff mate

Fancy the triathy with me and my crew in June?

Any links to the swim the channel sign up?

Yes. (depending on who the crew is…) What date is it and do I have to register with a tri club to register?

https://pslc.ie/featured/swim-a-mile-is-back-plus-try-our-distance-challenge/

Shadow boxing is the exact same. Depends how hard you go, do 3 3 min drills of 75% you’ll be wrecked. If you want to spend money on a bag off go. They usually rip after awhile, well I hit hard.