Bledisloe Cup/The Rugby Championship

The battle for Southern Hemisphere supremacy is about to get underway as the first of the Bledisloe Cup meetings in Sydney heralds the commencement of the 2013 Rugby Championship.

Didn’t take the All-Blacks long to settle!

When is Australia’s first match?

Great try by Will Genia - he’s the best Antipodean scrum half I’ve seen since Sid Going was in his pomp.

Should be an exciting second half although the standard of rugby is, as usual, slightly lower than in the Northern Hemisphere.

What the fuck is all this shit with Sidney talking to himself through the medium of Manuel Zelaya? We’ve had countless rebrands, but this is just fucking weird.

Say it isn’t so @Sidney …:eek:

I can confirm that Manuel and myself are indeed the same person.

Incredible scenes !!!

I always found @Manuel Zelaya[/USER] to be a very informative poster. Therefore he can’t be @[USER=183]Sidney

The big one this morning as New Zealand and South Africa go head to head in Auckland. Springboks haven’t won at Eden Park since 1937.

Poite really favouring the All blacks first half. Awful decision to yellow card Bismarck for a massive fair hit on Carter

And now Poite has ruined it

Had to go second was reckless when he was already after being carded. Cracking game. SA just kept clinging on deserved more

Second was marginal but understandable. Players lead with their arm all the time, it was Messams reaction that did him. First one was a shocker considering he had access to TMO.

People do it all time but its still lethal dangerous. Elbow to jaw bone or nose and its nighty nighty sleepy sleepy! No question about second. Was he offside when he hit Carter?

I’d bet the first yellow be rescinded. Poite is shocking ref

The ref ruined the game, the first yellow was definitely not one, he should have went to the TMO, the 2nd one fair enough was a yellow.

Was he offside when he hit Carter? Don’t think TMO mentioned it because he wasn’t asked the question but assume that’s what original pen was given for. If he was off and took a chance to bury Carter then maybe could argue a yellow, but that def wasn’t what was explained that he was binned for

It was a wonderful tackle, even the Kiwi commentators and Sean Fitzpatrick doing the analysis said it was a great tackle n Poite made a terrible decision. Ma’a Nonu’s hit on Jean de Villiers was a shoulder charge, a dirty late hit that deserved a card.

Poite also made a mess of the scrums, allowing the ABs the step back once bound and reintroduce a “hit”. He even went so far as to penalise the Boks no 18 for “not taking the hit” (around the 60th minute). The new scrum laws have been introduced to eradicate that very incident.

A very poor refereeing performance.

Referees are always biased in favour of New Zealand.

Disappointing 14-13 loss for my beloved Pumas to Australia in front of a sell out 4,000 crowd in Perth.

BDP didn’t even deserve a penalty against him either time. Laughable refereeing.

I’d fancy the Boks and Pumas will win the reverse games.