The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Couldnt back it up unfortunately fagan id say the celebrations went on all week on the streets of Krasny. Cockerill has worked wonders with edinburgh string improvers too.

Story of the week must be treviso though. Beaten by a last minute penalty by three times winners Toloun. Ian McKinley starred for the italians and is in pole position to start for Italy in the 6 nations having qualified through residency. The italians have improved beyond recognition and arw further proof that world rugby ongoing investment in the game workdwide is paying off in spades

1 Like

Wouldnt have thought being 29 would have made much odds. Fellas getting signed into france miles over the hill for crazy money all the time. Always chance of getting injured i suppose.

Did he get a 4 year contract? Would be unusual in rugby. No player would turn down that certainty. Doubt IRFU offered him more than 2 on central contract

Four from the prospective new club. What’s the standard deal over there? Three??

It’s his wingman that I feel sorry for…

Zeebs is a fluent French speaker

He’s going to Racing according to offtheball

Three max usually. Often 2. Did it say hes got 4??

Just saw there appears its racing hes off to. No shortage of twine there

Good luck to him.
The Leinster production line is rolling out quality back all the time , so would not be too worried about Irelands assault in RWC 2019.

Joey Carberry will be full back by then.
He has it all, to borrow from my Gerry Thornley manual…
Good hands
Heads up rugby
Dancing feet
Attacks the gain line
Offloads in the tackle

Four was guesswork on my part. Deal is probably done would you think?

Dreadful decision maker for alot of his career.
He did improve that aspect of his game in fairness.

No huge loss, not workd class and easy enough to push outside for elite players/defenders

Surely. If not his negotiating position is significantly weakened now!!!

Weren’t Toulouse beaten by one of those Italian teams before?

Not that i recall

great swimmer aswell

he’s a average player, only gets more exposure because he’s black and that is still a bit of novelty to some in Oireland

1 Like

He’s as good as they have outside of 9 and an Irish regular. He’s also going for more money because he hasn’t been happy with his contract. Free market yo.

Look who has showed his face

Why can Zeebe not play for Ireland??

The IRFU don’t tend to select players who aren’t playing with Irish franchises

Ok, but he can still play? Just unlikely? That’s still bizarre.