The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Twas 15 vs 15 for a while there when lawnster had the yellow cards.

All still alive anyway

1 Like

When can we expect your apology to Keatley Gil?

No hugging no apologising no learning

If he guides us to a european cup win Il revisit my view. Still think he lacks consistency. Especially notable when Murray not playing. Hes done well tbf.

1 Like

Fuck sake Gil, the difference between Murray and Williams is akin to that between Las Vegas and Rathkeale. A chair would be a better replacement.

Better player wouldnt have half the issue behind Williams that Keatley does. Williams isn’t half as bad as you are making out, hes average. He is as poorly complimented by the pairing with Keatley as IK is

Delighted for Keatley, heard an interview with him a while back (presume it was off the ball) where he detailed how the greatest fans in the World abused the shit out of him when it was going badly. Great for him to sow it into the cunts.
Some turnaround in fairness I was at a game with work about this time two years ago and the poor chap couldn’t kick it out of his way. The brave and the faithful (and me) jeered him off the pitch.

3 Likes

Williams is a thundering disgrace of a player, would you get away out of it. He’s not developed an iota in his time at Munster

Keatley has acknowledged how good Anthony Foley was to him during those times. Keatley was, and still is blackguarded by Munster fans, its very unseemly. They’re quieter than normal now, but at the first opportunity they’ll be on his case once again.

You could see at the time of his worst performances, that his confidence was simply shot to bits. I wouldn’t have blamed him for jacking it in entirely, it seemed as if he couldn’t get a break, and definitely didn’t get one from the fans. I’m delighted for the guy, the way he’s had the mental strength to come back from the brink in the way he has is a testament to him.

1 Like

Whoa whoa relax man

Is Hanrahan fit again or was he injured at the start of the season? Always thought he should have gone to Connacht.

Fit again was on bench last nt. He was injured for while at start of season alright. Form isnt great with him

D’you reckon he should have gone to Connacht? Munster to Connacht, would have been a left field move some would say…

Who Hanrahan? In hindsight yes he would have benefited hugely from working with Lam and playing with Aki and Henshaw for a spell. At the time dont think it was that clearcut. But Northampton was a poor call and I felt it at the time too…assuming he was going to usurp a solid pro like Myler was no given

Hed be better off there now too. He needs a run of games badly to get firing

Connacht was never on the agenda was it? Northampton doubled his money didn’t you say?

No idea if connacht was realistic or not. Yeah he got paid a fortune in the UK. Hard to blame him and I didnt at time but it just turned into a shambles

Just observing, it woulda been hard for him to go to Connacht when no interest was shown.

I recall we discussed it at the time, and disagreed then about his decision. He went to Northampton for money and it laid waste to him. Still, he got that money eh? Who coulda seen the English Premiership being tough and gruelling?

Sliding doors moment, Keatley hit his bad patch, Holland forced into retirement, had JJ bided his time, he’d have walked into the 10 slot. Poorly advised.

Fact that it is gruelling was of little consequence when he spent so much time on bench and unavailable for selection. It wasnt gruelling for him at all.

Unfortunately not sure he will ever fulfill early potential

Fact is, it was a bad move for his career. It was a bad move then, its a worse move now.

I dont disagree. I didnt at the time either I dont think just didnt really blame him for chasing the cash.

Gas searching some of the old threads to see the likes of Julio and runt giving out stink about Munster and the two of them on the bandwagon now. Same with dodgy and choco and they writing Munster off as dead and buried and look at em now absolutely flying again. The lads dont understand cycles at all at all.

The famous 9 m debt hasnt gotten an airing in a while either. I believe there is a firm plan for it however. Approx half to be cleared from the renewal of the 10 year tickets over the next 12 or 18 months and the rest be dealt with by sale of naming rights. Wtf the lads will do when the debt is gone I dont know :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Poor old choco has resigned from the board in disgrace over the whole ordeal, his nerves are shot.

1 Like