The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

It was mentioned in all the early reporting. Ulster committed to investigate complaints of racist abuse etc.

I have read numerous articles and they haven’t used the word racist abuse once. State broadcaster RTE, Indo, examiner etc. Ulster Twitter don’t call it out either.

The Ulster PR team have earned their crust there. Unnamed person banned for life from Kingspan, loads of disgusted supporters came forward to help with enquiries and matter has been swiftly dealt with. Another way of describing the incident would be unnamed person accused of racist abuse free to attend rugby games in all but 1 ground, fans don’t bother to report him to stewards during the game, no report to be made to police despite it being standard practice in other professional sports for such situations.

1 Like

Different reporting for same issue basically

Hmm

and the reputation of Rugby carries on untarnished.

http://www.espnscrum.com/PICTURES/CMS/6300/6398.jpg

I wonder was Patrick Bam Bam Bamford ticked off by the Ulster authorities.

Racist abuse was not reported as far as I know. It came from Zebo on Twitter basically implying it.

I imagine Ulster got in touch with Zebo privately after and located the person through that.

Not everything has to be reported to you gossips.

1 Like

I’ll take your word on it.

Racing issued a statement and mentioned racist abuse.

This is all very clear. What are ye on about.

1 Like

Minor corner back versus Academy Outhalf/Centre. Wouldn’t think there is much of a decision to be made there.

1 Like

That Cian Tracey guy is the worst gobshite rugby journalist I’ve seen yet.

Ulster haven’t used the term. Nor have any or many Irish publications

The times did in responding to Racings claim

“Racing 92 strongly condemns the racist insults that Simon Zebo was targeted with on Saturday during the European Cup game between this club and Ulster Rugby at Kingspan Stadium in Belfast."

The times headlined Racing condemn ‘Racist insult’

I think the keyword here is Racing. It seems like the elephant in the room when it comes to other media sources. You are left wondering was he called a cunt, a homo etc. It just wasn’t clear what it was about.

I’ll never get tired of seeing that photo.

He was corner back, part of the full back line trying to nullify the young hurler of the year, who was playing centre forward, so that just goes to show what a high level he was operating at. What a talent.

1 Like

Is that Trevor Brennan?

Oh it is yeah.

It’s a beaut.

good Kildare stock :smiley: