The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Its ok, they wont either.

2 Likes

Anytime Ireland have the ball just keep screaming “Numbers our wide, numbers out wide”
Or if a lad passes the ball to a teammate, a yard or so away calmly and quietly say “good hands”

A technical offence, something to do with players getting detached in front of the maul I think.

I’m none the wiser. I thought it was a tactic, and was planning on shouting it as advice if we got a line out within earshot.

I doubt Zeebs will too bothered as he snuggles up to his extremely hot Spanish missus.

Who lines out at full back gents? I see talk of Henshaw… surely that’s bullshit… Kearney didnt go well last week but I presume he will be picked there?

Cheer every time they kick the ball away. Especially if they manage to kick it out of play, that’s a real crowd pleaser.
If the ball is in a ruck and it goes against the team defending just say, must have gone off their feet. If it goes against the attacking side you just say, ah didn’t release in time. Both seem to be completely arbitrary decisions given whenever the referee feels like it.
If the scrum collapses the referee will either make them reset or give a completely random penalty one way or the other. Then you will say something like “not binding properly in the front row”

1 Like

Comedy gold from the lads in here.

2 Likes

It’s weak alright. Surprised at @Julio_Geordio, he’s a bit long in the tooth around here to be at that stuff.

I asked a question earlier and you are purposely ignoring it, you bad bastard.

Sorry, bro. Schmidt has a lot of previous of picking an out of form Kearnivore and then said Kearnivore delivering so I expect more of the same on Saturday. Henshaw doesn’t have the pace for 15, he’s more suited to the middle of the paddock where his physicality gets him lots of go forward so he won’t be playing at 15 regardless of whether the Kearnivore starts or not.

no wonder the place is rapidly going down the tubes, haemorrhaging members every day

2 Likes

So what exactly is
1 scrambled d
2 dog leg d
3 truck and trailer
Cos I have absolutely no idea, but they are mentioned with great regularity.

Why are you asking questions about it? It’s a load of bollix.

2 Likes

Lads like @flattythehurdler who went to a rugby school and is on first name terms with everyone in Sale Sharks RFC pretending to know nothing about rugby is a bit tiresome.

3 Likes

I’m the opposite, I know fuckall about rugby but try to let on I do amongst my rugby friends. They are a very good class of people to be involved with

6 Likes

I need to be able to talk knowledgeably with the goys. Is it too much to ask for a little help?
My school was more soccer than rugby, and more rowing than soccer tbh.

You’re a load of bollox.

After GAA, Rugby is Ireland’s favourite sport.

The game this weekend will enthrall the whole island.

Yes . The rugby should be good too to be fair .