The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

This is gas. I thought it would get boring at some point over the last few years with you referencing boring rugby and Schmidt out every time his name was mentioned…but no…you’ve kept it fresh and entertaining :clap::clap:

From listening to Schmidt on the radio earlier Kearney is still his man but just isn’t fit enough

Time will tell, I reckon it could be a big statement though.

The World Cup later on this year is everything for him.

Great to hear pal, I’ll be there myself.

I met my dad and some of his English chums over for the game earlier. In the short period I was there there was plenty of knee slapping jokes and old on pitch stories. One of their party brought up Brexit and there was brief awkward silence, but the leader of their party (the chap telling them about all the Yummy Mummies they’ll see in the cafe beside their hotel tomorrow) effortlessly swerved the conversation onto the group’s Lions captain of choice for 2021. The spirit of rugby was on full show.

2 Likes

I’ll be in Lansdowne RFC before the match if you’d like to have a pint.

Do wanderers still have a bar in the vicinity ?

Are you going to their Lunch?

It’s a horror show in there if you are just in the bar and don’t arrive early enough.

I’m having a three or four course lunch.

That’s probably the most bourgeois post I’ve read on this forum

Ireland won’t win a World Cup under Schmidtball

Of course he is ffs.

We will see. I don’t think he has the pace for it but who the fuck am I hope my good friend @gilgamboa will advise

You should wait till the match starts before having a few pints, seems to be the norm in the Aviva these days.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be worried about his pace. Take a bit of getting used to positionally at the start and tough ask to be doing it against a team with a top player like Owen Farrell at out half.

Its a great option though. Delighted they are trying it.

Farrell is scrap

England +9 points on the handicap. I think that’s massive value.

2 Likes

is he good in the air pal?

I see the “Irish” rugby captain said that the “autumn internationals” are friendlies. Cc @GeoffreyBoycott

1 Like

@GeoffreyBoycott

"And you’re into competition. None of us ever treat the autumn internationals as friendlies but, ultimately, that’s what they are.

3 Likes

I’m not familiar with this soccer term ‘friendly’. No such thing in international rugby. They’re test matches. The Admiral Brown Trophy for instance was on the line when Ireland faced Argentina back in November.

1 Like