The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Depending on which way you’re attacking. If the ball is on the right side of the field, you’d naturally work the ball to the left, 9, 10, 12, 13, 11 etc. This isolates 14.
And same if you were working the ball to the right 9, 10, 12, 13, 14. This isolates 11.

9,10,12,13 all adapt to the direction of the ball. 11,14,15 are fixed positions guarding wings and back field. Sometimes they join the attack but it’s a risk reward thing.

In the selection image they depict an attack in one direction.
(To the right, as above. 9, 10, 12, 13, 14) It naturally flows to the right wing. Which means the opposite wing is isolated. Hence 11 (left winger, Lowe) out on his own.

5 Likes

That’s pretty much the way they line up on the pitch. Is this a trick question

1 Like

No a genuine question, @cluaindiuic has provided the answer

I had a good think about the iteland team selection. I’m happy enough and not too worried about injuries james Ryan would be the only one I would start regardless. Positives are we have been forced to play a big match without sexton/Murray. I don’t think JGP is at this level but will be a good stop-gap for casey long term. Burns deserves the chance to redeem himself. The unknown element of this partnership may work in our favour as everyone knows what sexton/Murray will do.

I am concerned about lowe defensively especially against this France team. I don’t think ireland will win but if they do burns will be MOTM.

That awful loose pass by Burns irked me nearly more than the kick, thought that was supposed to be his bag like.

Put it down to inexperienced or a bad day. He had a mare last week but didn’t deserve all the coverage. I hope to see him put it right. I don’t think its a risk playing him. Farrell and the coaching team have seen enough of him to be happy to put him in ahead of byrne. I can see ireland kicking less tomorrow and trying to stretch France. Burn has good game management with ball in hand and irelands patterns give multiple options, he just needs to make the right decisions based on how the French defence come up. We know the French will come up hard and fast with edwards as defensive coach. He needs to mix up front door options with the forward pod running off him, back door with 15 and backs and kick in behind if France put a full line up.

1 Like

I think more likely it’ll be Beirne or another forward and they’ll have given burns as little ball as possible.

Thats the problem at 10 you have to

JJ receives lots of criticism but better than Billy Burns in my opinion.

1 Like

Burns has a quality that the IRFU respect over all else

Just is no where near international level. Pro 14 is his level

Hup italia

Better than Burns and Irish too.

Forsa Italia

That’ll work against you in the IRFU

Some finish from Johnny May

A team drawn from the two worst teams in the worst league in the ERC gave England bags of it there in that half.

Shite tackle

1 Like

Yer man Itoje gives away a ridiculous amount of penalties.