The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

If you took out Italy this would be the best 6 Nations in years

3 Likes

This is already an incredible game.

1 Like

I’m bursting for a piss here and afraid to get up in case I miss summit

1 Like

Ah it’s not … The standard is so poor these days, with teams endlessly kicking, a decent game with teams committed to attacking looks unreal we are so unused to it.

Shaping up to be a great test match

The stocky barrell lad at number 2 for Wales has carried the ball about 10 times already.

I see what you did there.

1 Like

The trip to Rome is great all the same.

And that is just the reason Italy remain in the six nations. So the alickadoos can go there. Tiblisi in February isn’t anyway appealing. The blazers have zero interest in growing the game at all.

Italy won 2 from 5 in 2013 and were promising. They were within a score of us in the 2015 World Cup as well. I’d actually say they went backwards under Conor O’ Shea (contrary to the Irish media reports). Georgia definitely deserve a shot at a play-off against them.

I’d assume its to do with tv money. And also the fact that none of the other five would be willing to be relegated.
The should throw a Georgian team into the pro whatever number it is now. Be much better for rugby than the Saffer teams. But again money talks

I’m not so sure on that. It is good for rugby the saffer teams are playing in Europe imo.

Theres no fear of rugby in South Africa though

They are pretty much broke no? All the players would end up in France fairly quickly.

It’s very similar to the Liam McCarthy/Joe McDonagh relegation/promotion predicament. There’s a fear of one of the big teams potentially being relegated. Not that long ago Scotland could have ended up in tier B if such a system existed.

Great communication between ref and Barnesy

Italy beat Georgia by 30 points in November.

3 Likes

This on field decision is a complete nonsense.

Thats the end of that so.

It’s the same principle as cricket really with Umpires Call.