The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Unless they arrive a few weeks early. What will happen to the lions? Does SA have quarantine?

Is due to start in a few weeks not sure they have much time to play with. Lions is only one team so prob easier to manage. No idea ré the rules in SA… But the SA players will be massively undercooked for a series now you’d imagine.

A lions 3 nil victory would be a decent bet at this stage

How will the MHQ affect Leinsters semi? 3 French teams either way they will have to play in France or a French team comes to Dublin

:man_shrugging:

Will be interesting to see the mental gymnastics during the week. I’m sure elite sports have an exception.

They don’t as it stands I think

Maybe would need to play at a neutral venue somewhere

The English championship is playing out interestingly, it was assumed sarries would have walked it. A defeat to the cornish pirates already and Ealing are rolling over teams like the relegated premiership team.

Sarries currently have 2 games in hand, wins in them will only bring them to third. A second defeat to either Doncaster or Ealing could see them in big trouble.

Top 2 play off in a 2 leg final in June. Depending on who Sarries lose to the lions if it goes ahead could cause problems.

I’d love for it to all work out this way and them to play another season down there.

https://www.englandrugby.com/fixtures-and-results/search-results?competition=173&division=31117&season=2020-2021#table

Yeah Cardiff or Coventry I say

Farrell, Elliot Daly, Jamie George, 2 Vunipolas & Itoje all potential Lions call ups.

From the list of exemptions

• a passenger who is participating in a sporting event and has been provided with written certification by Sport Ireland
  • journalists, carrying out their professional functions
1 Like

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/3b8e1-mandatory-hotel-quarantine-your-questions-answered/#

Don’t know where the difference in interpretation is, that’s exemptions from general quarantine/self isolation I’d say not the new rules

:man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

You’re right.

1 Like

Ireland is an embarrassment of a country.

Can they play in Belfast? Avoiding the quarantine

Haven’t a clue

Hugo Keenan is an excellent player.

1 Like

Could be a loophole for the irfu being a one island team

Great replacement for Rob Kearney. Full-back no longer a problem position for Ireland. Could he be a bolter for the Lions?

1 Like

Great player to watch, big fan. First instinct attack.

Think he was on school 3rds team or something like that in junior cup. Good example for any kid to follow

1 Like