The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Bernard flynn thanks you

2 Likes

This will bring back memories of the 2000 Heineken cup final for o gara.

O’Gara badly found out there.

He was waving an imaginary yellow card in the first half to get a lad sent to the bin. Most distasteful.

The prototype of a Munster player. Even looks like one. He was unfortunate to have been born 10 years too late.

1 Like

He wouldn’t lace leamy, Wallace or Quinnys boots imo.

1 Like

Wallace is criminally underrated.

1 Like

I’m not sure he is tbh. He was genuinely world class.

He was underrated for a couple of years when Eddie ignored him. I’d argue he was a not overrated and overused then. Keith Gleason was underused for a couple of years. I still think Wallace was better but it was part and parcel of the problem with Eddie sticking to one team for as long as he could. In both instances, both of them lost their places because of injury and only got a look in again when there was an injury.

2023 is his book year I guess. Earls has it this year CJ next (English and Afrikans versions available in o mahoneys) the POM.

Ronan O’Gara’s La Rochelle compete for their first Bouclier de Brennus tonight against Stade Toulaisain

2 Likes

This is huge.

1 Like

The Bouclier de Brennus is the most storied trophy in rugby.

3 Likes

Tell us a few of the stories about it.

A much bigger deal than the H Cup for the French clubs

Despite being named after Trevor Brennan, the Barnhall man never won the trophy during his stint at Toulouse.

2 Likes

Gerry Thornley used to love that

2 Likes

That and the Provincial Towns Cup

Knock yourself out kiddo.

Hopefully Stade Rochelais keep their discipline tonight and don’t let the occasion get to them the way they did in the European final.

1 Like