The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Jones basically hand picked borthwick from nowhere and built him up. Seems odd to hire him as his replacement.

There was a few lads on here telling us Eddie jones was solely focused on the World Cup and nothing else mattered.

Looks like this tactic has backfired spectacularly for the now jobless jones.

1 Like

International rugby is more than the RWC. The casual fan forgets that

3 Likes

They shouldve stuck with him at this point. His WC record is exceptional and we are on that doorstep.

He shouldve gone back to George Ford, young Smith was putting no shape on the games.

2 Likes

If Faz went back, Jones is definitely a potential Ireland coach. He loves the power game but I actually think its a major area Ireland are susceptible in.

Def should have stuck with him. Borthwick is a good coach but he played v basic gameplan with Leicester this season unclear if he has more ambition than that.

Smith is a great player but they haven’t really picked the rest of the team with his skills in mind. Wouldnt be sure he will cut it as an international out half where you have limited time together to gel

1 Like

Jeez we dont need that wanker. He worked around the power deficit v well with japan

Sounds like jones wanted out. His position had become untenable.

The Irish rugby football fan really wants to believe this

1 Like

Who? Can you bump any of those posts?

Eddie Jones wouldnt bother himself with the IRFU.

Jones wanted home for Christmas I’d reckon.

Just read that Gatty is back :clap::clap::clap:

I’ll be tuning back in to 5 nations this year.

1 Like

If Eddie Jones was over Ireland in 2019 and got us to a world cup final, he’d be a God, still, regardless of results.

Coverage starting at 4.30.

1 Like

Leinster destroying R92 here. The change of ground due to a concert to Le Harve will be a big regret for the French I’m sure.

1 Like

Ulster not at the races against Sale. Terrible performance

Carried it over from last week second half, they are brutal upfront at the minute for someof the players they have.

Doesn’t add up. Shouldn’t be as poor as they are currently showing.

Lot of lads just taking the money, but theyre kind of always a bit like that up there. Sale are a team of beasts, bit they fairly rolled over there.

Hon sale. Sent the bowlers home with their tae in a mug.

1 Like