The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Ah it will limp on in some way. I was in Edinburgh during the week and they are greatly looking forward to the amount of €€ they will gather this weekend, so there is plenty of incentive to keep it all going. But kids have limited interest now because it’s not being driven by their fathers who played previously, a lot of retired players would be bitter enough with the game.

That’s the feelings I’m getting also. It’s across the board and there’s massive resentment in the game to how the players have been treated, amateur and professional. You’d be a fool to believe any different

Probable 3rd U20 Grand Slam in 4 years, surely will turn into senior dominance, WCs etc? Tangent, Quinn’s mother is O’Brien from Nenagh, he’s a first cousin of Cork City’s Barry Coffey

1 Like

They will win the grand slam alright. We have done a better job than most of farming less strong u20 teams than this. Few massive men in it Gleeson from tipp being one of them

They brought on a lad Diarmuid Mangan last night prob as big an u20 player as Iv seen playing for Ireland

1 Like

Had a Culhane lad last year no.8, fucking unbelievable player

They brought him on the Ireland A tour there before Xmas. Played for leinster few weeks ago but hasn’t got much of a go with them yet

When did we last lose an U20 6 Nations game? 2019? We’ve been extremely strong at that grade of late. Nearly like Galway in the minor hurling. Actually I have an inkling we may have lost a game or two in the behind closed doors 2021 championship.

They are looking to retain the grand slam. Ergo it woukd be 2021

1 Like

Think they said last evening that they’ve won 17/20. They were unrale last evening

Yeah 2021 we were mid table with what looks like a strong ish team in hindsight.

Talk me out of a France & Italy Double today.

Going back to when Tomás ó leary group got to WC final at u20 we have been v competitive. I’m like a brokwn record about it but the coaching at this grade is 2nd to none. Succession of top class coaches like Nigel Carolan, noel McNamara , Allen Clarke and now richie Murphy. They manged to compete without the size and power for years but always a step short when it came to the crunch in world cups… But they have the size as well now

1 Like

I wouldn’t

1 Like

You shouldn’t have written the word double there. Makes it more awkward to claim when you strike a line through the losing bet afterwards like @larmister

6 Likes

Poor weather in Twickenham only real concern but looks like it will be ok

1 Like

Tell me about it. Uncles case will be settled in court i think now.

There was no line crossed through any loosing bet and that will be proved no matter how long and what it takes believe me .

I’ve gone the opposite with Wales and an eng upset.

Another false dawn for the eyetalians