The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

That’s unreal

Gone up a good few gears since the Irish game by looks of it. Hard to believe how bad England are though

No 20 there for England looks like the gooch

It’s genuinely astonishing how England have collapsed as a team since the last World Cup. They’re genuinely just not very good.

I see the World Cup winners in order of likelihood being:
1 France
2 South Africa
3 Ireland
4 Australia
5 New Zealand
6 Argentina
7 Scotland
8 England

Don’t piss off Dupont

Sinfield was as good a league player as ever played. Almost single handedly dragged place kicking to an acceptable level. Twas almost a joke for years. A thoroughly alright sort. Jones was a disaster for England. It’s lovely to see. Birthwick ain’t the answer

3 Likes

I admired the total disdain there was in league for place kicking, despite it being more valuable in terms of points than union they just didn’t bother with it much. But Sinfield had everything in his game. Just like Andy Farrell, I’m sure if he had materials to work with then his rugby knowledge would reap rich dividends. Instead he is looking at a French team about to put 50 on them at Twickenham.

1 Like

Ah jaysus

What a lovely lovely way to spend a couple of hours

2 Likes

Eddie Jones = Boris Johnson
Steve Borthwick = Liz Truss

Glorious.

Ireland will beat England comfortably but they’ll be made to fight hard for it.

You don’t replace an Eddie Jones easily

You can imagine Davy Fitzgerald or John Kiely with a pair of glasses like Fabien Galthie.

2 Likes

Stop the boats changed to stop the tries

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2023/0314/1362109-ireland-to-wear-navy-shorts-to-address-period-concerns/

Only needed when Munster are playing at home…

2 Likes

About bloody time!

That should ease the tailgunning a little bit.

Up on blocks
Fallen to the Communists
Cricket Week, etc.