The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

Davy up to his usual antics again.

Below is the last paragraph of Jerome Oā€™Connellā€™s match report on the Leader website.

ā€œUp the field went DCU and Curran found the winner in a fiercely contested and entertaining contest that ended with both managers in a crossfield shouting match rather than the customary post-match handshake.ā€

Heā€™s some fucking ape. :smile:

I wouldnā€™t know him if I met him but this report and player line-up positions seems correct from what I could see.

I was a few minutes late (parking in LIT is a disaster). I saw some people with one sheet programs. Perhaps they were handed out or perhaps they printed them out from somewhere themselves. Iā€™ve heard of that before. A program would be a great help.

1 Like

Is that Willie Connors anything to tommy who played in CIT?

I donā€™t know, Iā€™m not from Tipp. @carryharry might know somebody that could answer that.

I wouldnā€™t be from that end of the county but theyā€™re both Kildangan anyway so I presume brothers/cousins

Itā€™s Tipp, could very well be both.

9 Likes

jesus lads i didnt even know this had started
usually youā€™d have a bit of hype or awkward photo op
vincent hogan had a twee interview with yer man Wall who coaches MaryI allright on saturday and Dj i think was moaning that he couldnt get players as they were been held back for the walsh cup, etcā€¦
id say the time has come now for this to go the way of tommy murphy, oireactas, et alā€¦

1 Like

Hes a brother I think.

Tommy was a lovely hurler, Willie is the same though much more mobile and able to use timber (too much at times).

1 Like

Willie got a red card for one of the worst challenges I ever saw in a minor match against Clare a few years ago

Saw willie play against Nenagh last year where he was within inches of similiar challenges on a numerous of occasions.

It wouldnt be the kildangan style to produce such uncontrolled aggression, he could do be a good squad player with Tipp at wing forward/midfield if he curtails this.

His usual antics is right.

I heard he played all the Wex/DCU lads against KK, then played them all again against Na Piarsaigh last Sunday, and they out again yesterday against his LIT boys, with a fitness test planned for today.

Itā€™s no wonder himself and the DCU manager had words. He brings it on himself the poor crater. He should have a thread of his own hereā€¦

DCU manager is a Limerick man. Eoin Roche. He Hurled with Faughs and has been involved with Dublin underage teams the last few years. A gentleman and Iā€™m delighted he put Davy on his hole.

3 Likes

TNH.

The College :red_circle: :black_circle:

1 Like

No surprise to see Davy implode again

To be fair ā€¦ you called this a long way out and before it was fashionableā€¦ The man will be in an early grave.

https://twitter.com/MaynoothUniGAA/status/955810779156099077

Take your pick lads.

Would most of the Maynooth lads be studying for the priesthood ???

A lot of fairly established Kildare players in that Maynooth side.