The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

Is that the same Michael McMullen that was the voice of the 3 o’clock Premier League show on Today FM? A real staple of mid to late 00’s Saturdays. You’d have roasters from Kerry ringing in then between 5 and 6 ranting about Rafa Benitez or Arsene Wenger.

I’d presumed he made a typo on NUIG there. Didn’t realise it had changed name.

1 Like

Plenty of whatsapps involving alumni of the University of Galway doing great whinging over Tommy Goals and RO’D not trying a leg. Shur that’s how colleges works, lads getting bursaries and saving themselves for the county at the weekend.

Truly a third level of sore losers.

Lads don’t get it. College is for the Craic, no need to be taking it so serious. Put it back to a blitz

2 points a piece between UCC and Maynooth down the 'dyke.

Awful wides by both sides so far.

Maynooth keeper :see_no_evil:

UCC are stone useless. No team work whatsoever. Cunningham twinged the hamstring I think but I wouldn’t think he did too much damage. Conor Drennan and Fogarty the corner back the best two on the field

UCC will need McGarry from the off next week and Cunningham to be fit.

Turkey shoot by the end.

Sets up a trip to UL next Wednesday night.

https://twitter.com/HigherEdGAA/status/1753160484805656987?t=nHvz_izXQxMcNMUHH6TCOg&s=19

Jamie Wall fairly sticking it to LIT and the UL Wolves here.

Lapsed poster @downyourthroats would be proud.

2 Likes

I’m surprised that UCC aren’t the current favourites given they have a raft of All-Ireland underage winners from Cork plus a fully fledged Waterford senior hurlers in Iarlaith Daly.

They probably should be, but they were so shit against Mary I, it’s hard to rank them as such.

UL, even without CON, look to be better-balanced. They also have Rodgers, GOC & English who are probably all ahead of any of the UCC forwards?

3 Likes

UCC have shown a flaky edge in recent years.

2 Likes

Cracking harty final in progress.

7 4 to Ard scoil after 13

ASR butchered a good goal chance but their forwards look a little more clinical.

11 to 7 up now. Fintan Fitz from Mungret has scored 4 from play.

Nayna goal

1-1 for the Nenagh sub Duff with his first two touches of the ball.

Draw HT

Nenagh look the better team the last ten minutes and more mobile than ASR.

Stritch is clearly not right for them but Collins and Fitzgerald have been excellent.

Doughan (0-3) has beautiful hands and balance, prototype Tipp forward. Duff has made a serious introduction.

Anyone’s game.

2 Likes

Marc o brien is having some game