The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

Flannan’s had a big win, mate

Anyone know how a big a school they have in Drumcollogher?

Are the priests still involved with the youngfellas down there?

Bandage, did you ever play in the Harty Cup?

On the subject of schools competitions we won second prize in the Cork area for our mini-company during transition year.
We made wind chimes , the raw materials we used were copper pipes that we purchased from Chadwicks in Midleton, i have a certificate for it at home.

you will get these results over on the clarehurlers forum bandage where incidentally puke has just been given stripes.
he is literally running the show over there and seems to be doing a very good job. you could probably lock the clare gaa thread here now.

We will be the biggest Clare GAA forum in the world come the end of 2017 if my 5 year plan is successful

What other notable forums do we have challenging us for this title Puke?
is matt purcell ok with this?

Wishing Puke every success in his moderator / administrator role.

Lads, how many would be doing the Leaving this year in Flannan’s?

Thanks Bandage, have you any advise for me?

Anyone at the game between Abbey CBS and West Limerick Desmond

there was a few there allright id say.
The schools probably would of had a bus or two or supporters each

Any Harty Cup latest scores, lads?

Elsewhere, it’s rumoured in Wexford that the Loreto (girls) and St Peter’s (boys) are joining together to stage a play before Christmas. No response from the Pres and/or the CBS yet.

Check your twitter feed :wave:

[quote=“Bandage, post: 665220”]Any Harty Cup latest scores, lads?

Elsewhere, it’s rumoured in Wexford that the Loreto (girls) and St Peter’s (boys) are joining together to stage a play before Christmas. No response from the Pres and/or the CBS yet.[/quote]
All I can say is that I am concerned for the standard of coaching in St Colmans Fermoy.

Thanks Puke.

MBB, what’s going on with the coaching in Cork schools? Turenne mentioned previously that the set up in Midleton CBS is a joke too.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 665223”]Thanks Puke.

MBB, what’s going on with the coaching in Cork schools? Turenne mentioned previously that the set up in Midleton CBS is a joke too.[/quote]
Was it not fenwaypark said that? I’m not entirely sure.

My educated guess is that its probably due to rugby taking over and the ill treatment of out and out hurling men such as Gerald McCarthy.

my daughters kindergarden are having a dress up for halloween day with a prize for best costume

will keep you updated

she has her heart set on being a princess but I feel that other little girls will go as princess so someone suggested a pumpkin to me

any views?

can you get female leprechauns- maybe thats what we should go for as its a nice ethnic twist

banadge, what was the final outcome of the poll again that we had about Lehane and the impact that the standard of training down in Midleton had on him.?

Im still waiting for a PM back from TAN regarding a few questions i had about Flannan’s as well.

Does anyone one here take time off work to attend a school’s game? , what excuse would you give to your employer?

my fear would be the other ethnics might go in their costume which would nullify the leprechaun yet if i bottled it and didnt dress here as a leprechaun the Canadian kid dressed as the mounty is sure to win