The Script

I’m still waiting for someone to hum one of their tunes for me. Cant say I know em at all.

Whatever happened to that corwd of lads from Dublin who thought they were surfers?

I think that we all know that Anthony Daly, Gerlock and Clare hurling defined the Summer of 1995…

Good thread this. I don’t think I’ve heard any of the Script yet, I suppose if I’ve managed to avoid them up til now it’s probably better to keep doing that.

:thumbsup:

True for ya pukey.

Was that the year all Munster suffered sunstroke and the grass was all burnt dry?

:guns:

Paul Brady is as fine a musician as this country has ever produced…

You ain’t heard nothing til ya hear the banner roar

[SIZE=“5”]YEEEEEE-HOOOOOOOOOO[/SIZE]

Christ,

If Hitler was Irish you would be for him taking over Europe on the grounds that it’s good to see an Irish lad getting on well.

1995 Wexford U14 County Hurling Semi-Final:

Faythe Harriers (Wexford Town) 4-9 Clonard (Wexford Town) 0-2.

Take that, you Clonard scumbags. And excuse the pun.

It actually did I must say.

We were getting our house painted at home that summer and the lads doing it were from Clare. Many a Monday morning they arrrived with fairly ropey looking heads on them.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Christ,

If Hitler was Irish you would be for him taking over Europe on the grounds that it’s good to see an Irish lad getting on well.[/QUOTE]

Daniel O’Donnell being compared to Hitler. :smiley:

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Christ,

If Hitler was Irish you would be for him taking over Europe on the grounds that it’s good to see an Irish lad getting on well.[/QUOTE]

No, why would I say that:rolleyes:…I just don’t see the harm in three young lads who make fairly harmless inoffensive music getting on well…more power too them…

Farmer owes Hitler’s descendents an apology here.

Nearly but not quite.

Just pointing out how ridiculous in saying we should support some band just because they are Irish.

:smiley:

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Nearly but not quite.

Just pointing out how ridiculous in saying we should support some band just because they are Irish.[/QUOTE]

never said support them, just saying fair play to the lads for getting off their arses and getting a foothold in a very competitive market, don’t think they deserved to be ridiculed or belittled for being somewhat successful

says the lad who bagged out U2 in his previous post! irony no?:smiley:

Did you not advocate them over U2?

Bit of a contradiction there no?

EDIT - Gman beat me to it.

[quote=“myboyblue”]

Whatever happened to that corwd of lads from Dublin who thought they were surfers?[/QUOTE]

The Thrills - I still maintain that their first album was decent enough, but I remember them supporting the Pixies in the Phoenix Park, and they were totally overawed, as if they were thinking “oh shit, now we have to be a proper band”, and they were brutal live. Having said that, I only caught the tail end of their set as I was coming straight from a lunchtime kickoff Dublin derby.

But there is lies the rub, U2 are a shower of tax dodgers who spend half their time talking down to people and pontificating on matters, I can’t ever remember any of the script doing this… I wouldn’t be fan of U2 but wouldn’t begrudge them any of their success, they are pretty much the biggest band in the world for the last decade, fair fucks to them…