The Seething thread

I believe Fintan was also adopted, what a coincidence. :astonished:

1 Like

Jesus that’s rough.

Did @flano hijack one of your accounts?

Mate, one of these days, some lucky woman will become your partner for life and you’ll either do IVF or adopt some kid and they will be very lucky to have you as a father. You mightn’t be able to have kids biologically, but you’ll be a great Dad to someone.

3 Likes

I think it’s a bit shitty not paying for parking. You seem to think you’re different from everyone else and don’t have to pay. Just fucking pay for it like everyone else has to.

I’d absolutely agree though that you should claim for fucking everything with your tax.

1 Like

:joy:

If i can avoid getting out of paying for parking discs to Limerick county council with my hard earned cash your damned right i will avoid it. I’ve saved hundreds of hundreds of euros in the last 15yrs and not had one fine (€40). They don’t deserve for me to pay for parking, since they’re not able to catch serial parking disc dodgers (me). I plan to save tens of thousands of Euros using my wits against parking wardens before i die, hopefully well into my 90s still driving.

1 Like

And you’ll be the same one giving out about people evading paying their tax.

I pay my taxes in full. It’s a different thing. I’m not a mug with my money paying for something i can easily avoid. I’m just using common sense. You know it’s not a crime, right?

If there was a Things I like about Ireland thread I’d put into it the way random strangers give you their parking disk when they’re leaving their spot with plenty of time to spare, I’d be surprised if that was common anywhere else in the world and it’s the only time I’d ever have a disk up

6 Likes

That warden in NCW doesn’t check for parkikg discs. You’ve 2 free hours on parking in NCW anyway.

He only gives tickets to those illegally parked. (Double Yellow lines or in a disabled space)

If you’re looking for parking in NCW, go up to the car park at the back of Dooleys SuperValu. :wink:

I’ve done that occassionally myself, foregoing the potential tax deductible cc @Bandage

Somebody did the equivalent of that for me in Italy last year and in Cornwall this year. There is goodness in people wherever you go , I find. But I do like the way the Irish think they are some kind of a special race.

5 Likes

I passed the traffic warden up town. He was ticketing some poor person who actually put up a disk but was parked in a loading bay.

You’d always get that in England. An inherent decency always exists in people. But Mick the Muldoon always has to think he is special and the best in the world

10 Likes

Massive irony here with yourself accusing somebody (or an entire nation) of thinking they’re better than everybody else. :rofl:
Of course everything is bette wherever you are, I’d expect nothing less, I’d say your superiority rubs off on everybody around you.

1 Like

I have feet of clay.

I can’t be bothered to look that up mate so I’ll take your word for it.

It’s an expression that people use when they are admitting that they are imperfect.

Dropping the Mrs off at the bus stop yesterday and drove on a bit as didn’t want to stop in the middle of the road. She said in a threatening manner that she’d better not miss the bus and that other people would stop in the middle of the road. When picking her up I parked behind the bus which I thought she was on. Unknown to me she was on a bus behind trying to get in to where I parked. I was trapped and couldn’t get out. The driver rightly gave me the bird and called me all the names under the sun. My mrs witnessed all this, hopped in and said I shouldn’t have parked there.

3 Likes

You just cant win.