The Shame I feel about Dublin as my šŸ capital (and other random cities in videos that Muldoons think is Dublin)

Whatā€™s a few good spots for drinks before and after the gig in the Phoenix Park tonight? Staying in the Gibson and will just be me and the missus for most of it

Afterwards Iā€™d aim for the Brazen Head or Oā€™Sheas along the quay. Oā€™Sheas is a bit of a shithole but will probably have some lad playing some sort of instrument for a session. Decent Guinness too. Thereā€™s plenty of places around Stoneybatter too which is on your way there and back. Someone who knows that area better will answer that.

Beforehand, get the Luas from the hotel to Smithfield, Stoneybatter or Heuston area and stroll on in the sun. Thereā€™s a few pubs close to Heuston that normally you wouldnā€™t darken the door of thatā€™ll probably be heaving today with concert goers so theyā€™ll have a decent vibe about them.

1 Like

Walshā€™s in Stoneybatter would be my recommendation.

The Cobblestone in Smithfield is one of the best pubs in dublin for Guinness and trad music and is on your way.

1 Like

How twee

1 Like

A little bit of tweeness goes a long way

Thereā€™s nowhere worth drinking around Phoenix park mate. Ned Reas and a few more spots at the gate will likely be busy but they arenā€™t up to much. If I was you Iā€™d drink away in the city centre and get a taxi or whatever over and back. If you really wanted to break up your journey on the way back maybe Dice Bar or somewhere like that.

The hole in the wall

Or else the cabra house, rumours ed will be appearing there after, your missus will never forget you going the extra mile and bringing her there

3 Likes

FFS sakes lads, heā€™s going to Ed sheeran. Oscars is where he should be going afterwards

Head over to the hole in the wall. About a twenty minute walk from there to the gig

2 Likes

The Patriots in Kilmainham a nice has a lovely pint so Iā€™d head there beforehand. A couple of places on Parkgate Street might be worth going into as well

1 Like

Kilmainham is interesting, I think we might be meeting somebody in the Royal oak for a pint at some stage, never been there before, is it worth settling in for a few

Nancy Hands on Parkgate St wouldnā€™t be a bad shout but iā€™d say itā€™d be wedged with the gig on.

The Hut is a good 20-30 minute walk from The Phoenix Park (and probably more, Iā€™ve no idea which part of the Park itā€™s on in) but Iā€™d walk for hours for the pint there.

Royal oak is a great boozer. Nice area outside but itā€™s small so youā€™ll do well to get a spot today Iā€™d say.

1 Like

I havenā€™t been in the Royal Oak in a few years apparently the artsy/hipster types living in Kilmainham have taken it over. That shouldnā€™t matter today though.

id guess @backinatracksuit would rather somebody from Dublin answer his question

Do we have anyone actually from Dublin posting here, mate?

@Bisto and @flano

They canā€™t stay off the smack long enough

6 Likes

salt of the earth character @Bisto

1 Like