The Shame I feel about Dublin as my 🐐 capital (and other random cities in videos that Muldoons think is Dublin)

Not at all.

That’s not totally true.

If that was the case, then no child from a ‘bad family’ could ever turn out decent. It’s not easy, and it mightn’t be as common as you’d hope but there are people who have come from fairly fucked-up families and turned out alright.

Even if, as TUM says, money was put in at pre-primary level, that child still has to live approximately 14 years in the confines of that home with that family. It’s tough no matter the situation, but it’s not always a lost cause.

Something that would make a big difference is to tackle poverty and the drug gangs. The only effective way of doing that is to take away the income and the only way to do that is to decriminalise the drugs. Take away the money and you take away the power, and the appeal of that lifestyle to young people. Social programmes struggle to compete in the current environment. Think I posted this before but its an intersting read if you are interested in this sort of thing.http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/12/29/14112084/war-on-poverty-brooklyn-great-society

Education, education, education. Great to see they extended the Deis schools scheme today. This scheme is literally keeping kids in school for extra years and keeps kids from falling through the cracks.

3 Likes

Incorrect

The Deis scheme is good alright. Great to see it getting expanded. Are there any studies done on the long term impact yet or is it still a bit early to judge? I remember reading about a secondary school in North Dublin designated as Deis that went from 10% of students going on to third level to over 90% after a few years.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe9nmYEsqX8

A minor scuffle. A sad day for our country when a harmless incident like that warrants media attention.

Were all those lads kicking the head off the attacker? :clap: great civic responsibility there

Its hard to tell for sure with the branding all over it and the shit ability to turn a camera sideways when videoing.

By the way, did you happen to see what news site that was from?

Fair play to the security guard getting into the middle of that. Was one the guys swinging a belt?

The guy swinging the belt doesn’t look like your typical knacker from what I can see.

Could have been a case that the little scobes did something to him a minute earlier (the camera man knew something was going to kick off anyway) and belt man had a Michael Douglas “Falling Down” moment. I’d imagine both him and the security guy were grand as the digs raining in don’t seem much to write home about really.

He was still swinging away after the Melee consumed him anyway

You can see some of the scobes cowardly mates putting in the most feeble looking kicks towards the end when the guy is on the ground. Even a girl weights in too :joy:

They wouldn’t bate eggs any of them by the looks of it

1 Like

Typical woman, tears into the middle of it, just waiting for someone to hit off her so she can start screaming “He hit me, he hit me”

1 Like

“You look at what’s going on just yesterday in Ireland…yes, Ireland!”

2 Likes

Your incident in a shopping centre with a glass door involved more violence than that video

1 Like

“You look at what’s going on just five years ago in Germany, yes, Germany!”

Turkish migrants run riot in shopping centre

4 Likes

Nobody is safe any more.