The Smashing Tunes Thread (Part 1)

Farmers not going to like that Mac I would venture a guess, I might be wronging the big man but I think he has posted here before that they jumped the shark!!! I do like it though but my taste in music is getting decidedly more middle aged.

Heard this on the radio just there on a documentary about Nirvana, forgot what a great band they really were. Fucking loved them when I was a teenager. Remember listening to Nevermind over and over again in Irish college and buying, and wearing for months on end, one of them smiley face NIrvana T Shirts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWKbfoikeg

I wouldn’t expect farmer to like it but it’s just my opinion.

My memories of the above song revolve around moshing the shite out of it in the Temple Theatre during 1st year in college. Bouncers never intervened and plenties a lad ended up getting walked on. Fuck me that place was crazy!

On a side note Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine was 50 on Tuesday.

I can’t see that song Mac posted. Can someone tell me what it was?

I love Nirvana as well I must say. For me, a much more definitive voice of a generation than those imposters from Manchester/Ireland/England.

Use somebody by Kings of Leon

Carter’s right - I don’t like it.

Surprising and disappointing to see Farmer turn on The Smiths like this.

Farmer is right, Use Somebody is a pile of shite when compared to KOL’s earlier work

Bloody hell - I was wondering who would go with that and no surprise it was you.

Hold on - don’t misquote me. People seem to get very tetchy when I discount things as shite.

I said that I don’t like it.

I know what you said. Puke was using it to have his daily pop at me. Didn’t expect that you’d like the song as already posted but not as if we’ve to spend the morning debating why.

But it is shite in comparison to their stuff in their first three albums. don’t be afraid to call it as it is farmer

You weren’t wondering Farmer, you just left yourself wide open.

No I was wondering mate.

Box set of everything ever recorded by the Smiths has just been released. Looks the business. But is 220 sterling on Amazon. I’ll have to start dropping heavy hints about Christmas presents.

Course you were mate.

The Smiths, and every record label they have been involved in, are some money-grabbing cunts. The amount of the Best of the Smiths, and duplication of songs in ‘albums’ in unpredented in any other band.

No doubt Morrissey is getting a nice cut. Re-issue! Re-Package! Re-package! Indeed.

I have the four main albums and Louder Than Bombs, which is a good compilation of all the rest of their stuff, with only Hand in Glove on there from their main albums. I refuse to give any more money to Warners/Rough Trade.

Looks like Farmer was turning on The Smiths then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoGdYcASg8Y

Quite liked this song that was used in the build up to the US Open Tennis final on Monday night.

I wouldn’t begrudge the Smiths a penny after all the pleasure I got from listening to them over the years.

I have to say the contrast in attitudes towards musicians on the one hand and footballers on the other as regards money is amusing. People seem not to want their musical idols to maximise their income while having no problem with footballers pulling every stunt in the book to grasp a few more millions.