The Smashing Tunes Thread (Part 1)

Golden Brown, I thought the same myself until I bought a compilation called sound of the suburbs in the early 90s, No more heroes was on that, check out this for a list of tunes to assault my 18 year old ears, every last one a smashing tune at the very least

What album would you recommend bro? From a quick google of reviews, their second album No More Heroes seems to be the most acclaimed.

The Jam :clap:

Depends on your taste bro -they’re an ever changing Band - No More Heroes is one I love but most die hard fans would plump for The Raven or Stranglers IV (Rattus Norvegicus) - Black N White is great as well — any of their first 4 albums really, mate.

I posted this elsewhere yesterday — Two fucks they did not give –

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gfIgA-PYyQ

cc @backinatracksuit @farmerinthecity

The Stranglers :smile:

1 Like

Fuck off you. You’ve made it quite clear you’re not really a punk fan and have slated The Clash and Stranglers here before. You listen to enough rubbish yourself, cunt.

Like the fucking War on Drugs!

Apologies if you’re a fan mate.

1 Like

Aging pub rockers who put on a bit of eye liner and became pretend punks. :smile: Jet Black is 80 for fuck sake.

2 Likes

The whole world is pretending mate.

The Stranglers… punk :joy::joy::joy:
Nostalgia is a terrible thing to waste

1 Like

The War on Drugs are a great bit of easy listening - No need to apologise.

Yes, mate - There’s more to punk than just the staple 3 cord bashers…

You don’t know the first thing about punk.

2 Likes

chord

That was a great compilation

Bit bland, no?

No.

Lou Reed “One chord is fine, two chords is pushing it, three chords and you’re into jazz”.

Adam and the Ants? Tom fucking Robinson?
Decent, not great.