The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

UK Championship underway today. Ding had a bit of a scare before eventually overcoming Brazil’s Igor Figueiredo 6-5

The third round of the UK Championship is underway in York. Fergal O’Brien put himself into the history books in the last round becoming the first player ever to knock in five century breaks in a best of 11 match. His scintillating display was just about enough to dispatch the in-form world number 14 Barry Hawkins 6-5. The veteran Malahide potter now faces world number 19 Stephen Maguire for a place in the last 16.

Earlier in the tournament the world number 1 and defending champion Neil Robertson suffered a stunning 6-3 defeat to journeyman Peter Lines.

And his young fella beat Judd Trump last night

Has he relocated from Bayside?

1 Like

You’d have to ask the Fingal clique that chief.

Unreal. Selby was lucky to survive the second round too.

We regularly pass each other on Dollymount Strand when we’re both out walking our respective dogs. Do you want me to ask him and settle the bet the next time I see him?

Any century break achievers on TFK?

Sure go on so.

I think you’re right on this one. I only ever heard mention of him as hailing from Bayside.

I got an 11 once.

Nope, 67 I think.

My oul’ lad won a weekend in Rosslare in a competition on the Marty Whelan show on Century Radio circa 1990.

Fergal has just gone 5-3 up and is only one frame away from victory.

5-5 now, we have a deciding frame.

Maguire cruises to victory in the last frame, a capitulation from Fergal I’m afraid.

The confusion over where he hails from can’t have helped his concentration.

Selby beat Murphy 6-2 in the first of the semi finals this afternoon.

Ronnie and Marco Fu have shared the first two frames.

Marco Fu levels it up at 4-4.

Good match this.