The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

8-6 now. Joe back in the groove

1 Like

Ronnie wins 10-7

1 Like

Ronnie has some collection of folk in his entourage.

Salts of the earth

There’s a 16 year old Chinese lad playing great stuff against Ronnie in Preston. 2-2 at the moment.

Tremendous final of the Welsh open on the go on Eurosport 2 with Stuart Bingham and Judd Trump locked at 8-8. Deciding frame coming up.

Trump defeated!! He scored more points but still lost. A bit like HRC winning the popular vote.

1 Like

The world championship is 11 days away, and the first qualifying round for the Sheffield extravaganza starts tomorrow. Fergal O’Brien has drawn the veteran Gerard Greene while Ken Doherty faces world #122 Jason Weston. The final Irish player involved in qualifying is Josh Boileau, and the young Kildare potter faces a tough task in the opening round against world #59 Gary Wilson.

There are some big names involved in the qualifying including Mark Williams, Joe Perry, Ricky Walden and Stephen Maguire. It looks like it’s going to be the toughest year ever to get to The Crucible.

1 Like

One of the great cathedrals of world sports

2 Likes

I can thoroughly recommend a trip to the Crucible for the World Championship.
Cheap enough tickets if you go for first round.
Watching snooker at 1030am is a great way to spend a day.

3 Likes

Can’t wait!

3 Likes

That and the masters in Augusta
You know the long evenings are just around the corner.

6 Likes

Heartbreak for Josh Boileau as he came from 7-2 down only to lose the deciding frame and crashed out 10-9. His opponent Gary Wilson knocked in a 147 in the 4th frame. Fergal O’Brien currently trails Gerard Greene 4-1.

Jimmy White trails Jack Lisowski 5-4 with the match to play to a finish from 7pm.

Jimmy is in good form and has knocked in breaks of 122 and 93.

I really do think this could be the year he finally wins that elusive first world title.

2 Likes

I hear he’s playing great on the practice table.

1 Like

A mate was passing through Temple Bar one night and seen Jimmy pissing up against a wall. Shouted ‘g’wan Jimmy ya good thing’ Jimmy told him to ‘fak off u Paddy cunt’.

4 Likes

The dream is over for another year.

Jimmy White was beaten 10-7 by Jack Lisowski.

I think next year could be Jimmy’s year, though.

If he can get a wild card, that is, because he’s now failed to qualify for next year’s tour as a result of his loss tonight.

Nevertheless, I remain optimistic.

2 Likes

There’s no way Jimmy won’t win at least one, when he gets it i think he can go on to dominate for years to come.

1 Like

As Jimmy has always said himself, he knows that it’s a matter of when, not if. I find it hard to disagree with that.