The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Hard to believe Selby left that short

Our Bhoy 8-3 Selby.

1 Like

John is putting on a snooker clinic today.

Mark Selby is RATTLED.

Left himself short rolling up to the green for a snooker and then left the final red on getting out of it.

But John had a lot of work to do after that.

A delicate red, then a smashing positional shot on the black, followed by the piece de resistance, a dead weight roll of the yellow down the bottom cushion into the yellow pocket.

Three supreme shots to win the frame.

At least Joe won something. Unlike Virgo.

1 Like

Virgo won the 1979 UK Championship, mate.

Right

hon selby

Mid Session Interval

Us 8-4 Them

Selby gets one back, Higgins with a big mistake to give him it.

Virgo won the UK snooker championship in the 70s mate

2 Likes

Off the top of my head I think he won the Bombay international in 1980 as well mate, that’s just off the top of my head now mind you.
He was a dinger at copying the trick shots on Big Break as well and was a great straight man for the great Jim Davidson.
Was he ever knocking off any page 3 girls or anything?

Lovely interview with members of the Higgins family there on the BBC

1 Like

That was a wonderful feature narrated by Steve Davis on the relationship that the World Snooker Championship has with the city of Sheffield, on this the 40 year anniversary of the first tournament at the Crucible. Lovely photographic shots of the city and the historical and sociological background gave the viewer a nice feel for the place. Like Paul Nuttall, I’ve never been to Sheffield but it does seem like a very under rated city.

3 Likes

I honestly believe that I could beat Selby myself. He’s useless.

It’s great seeing Selby getting a dose of his own medicine.

WOAH OH WE’RE HALF WAY THERE

Our Bhoy 9-4 Selby

2 Likes

Theres a fella in the front row sitting right behind one of the players and I’d swear he changes into a different football jersey after each mid session interval. Year after year you see the same faces in the crowd sitting in the same seat. Do they have any jobs to go to.

A big Coventry City fan. He was interviewed a couple of years back.

1 Like

Four ball plant from the Freedom Fighting Frame Winner. Suck on that, Selby.

2 Likes