The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

All over what a game.

1 Like

Would really fancy Williams in the final he is so hard to put away,massive credit to the Hawk though.

Well done to both players on a Crucible classic. Very tough on Barry. Cliched as you’ll get but neither player deserved to lose that.

2 Likes

That big time winning experience stood to Mark Williams in a big way there.

He dug out that final frame having looked likely to lose it for most of it.

A first final for the Welshman in 15 years and a first all big four final in 17 years.

Stephen Lee the other one I presume?

Doherty hunted down Hunter in the final session of that semi-final like a big cat stalking its prey. It was a devastating matchplay display from the Rennalagh man.

It was particularly disappointing that he lost that final to Williams as I thought he was going to do it when he got back to 16-16 having been in heavy arrears on the first day.

Yes, Stephen Lee. He was hammered by Mark Williams in the other semi final.

Doherty was a tough match player. He did well to make 3 finals and win 1 for a moderate enough talent. Beating Stephen Hendry in his 90’s pomp in 1997 was some achievement.

1 Like

Higgins learned a lot from Doherty in terms of match play. Ken squeezed every drop out of the skills and natural talent he possessed. He didn’t have the cue power or break building facets but had many others.

Williams 3-0 up and with a good chance of winning #4

Great stuff. Keep us updated. Mark Williams the snooker fans favourite for this final going up against the disgraced John Higgins.

Williams 4 Matchfixer 0

2 Likes

What’s the standard like so far?

I only saw frame 4. Higgins was 55 up and left Williams back in. Higgins got another chance on the colours but two bad shots on yellow and green with the rest handed it back to Williams. Higgins looks very scratchy.

1 Like

HIghest breaks so far, Higgins 55, Williams 44.

5-1. Century for Higgins in fifth frame

5-3

Come on The Wizard.

1 Like

6-5 now. Higgins starting to find his groove, great century there to clear. Hon john

I was watching the sting on John Higgins there and can’t understand how he only got 6 months ban. Willing to do it and doing it should carry the same penalty. They gave Stephen Lee 12 years. Bit extreme I feel. Considering all the cheating in sport going on.

1 Like

Pat Mooney, Higgins manager got banned for life for his part in Kiev. What were they doing in Ukraine in the first place? Stephen Lee was expendable.

8-7 Williams.