The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

[quote=“Sandymount Red, post: 870971, member: 1074”]Mark Selby defeats Ricky Walden 9-5 to advance to the final. It was a scrappy game punctuated by a superb 147 by the Jester in frame 7. The final black he knocked in to seal the maximum really was out of the top drawer. The world’s number 1 and 2 players in the final. Can’t ask for more than that.

[/quote]

There’s a real rivalry starting to emerge between Robertson & Selby. They probably need a few world championships to stamp their credentials. Suppose Robertson has one already.

Robertson 9-7 up now and just 1 frame away from the title after being 5-1 down at one stage during the afternoon session. Selby left the final black in the jaws in Frame 16 - that would have levelled it up at 8-8.

Flicked over just in time to see Selby miss that black, fucking sick. Had backed him at 9/1 at the start of the tournament:mad:

Backed him to win that frame the fuckin cock.

The Masters starts today. Always a very enjoyable tournament.

Mark Selby vs Mark Davis
Stuart Bingham vs John Higgins
Judd Trump vs Marco Fu
Ding Junhui vs Shaun Murphy

Neil Robertson vs Mark Allen
Stephen Maguire vs Joe Perry
Barry Hawkins vs Ricky Walden
Ronnie O’Sullivan vs Robert Milkins

One of the highlights of the snookering year. The Ally Pally has proved to be a superb venue following the switch from the Wembley Arena, and this year’s Triple Crown event is sure to be a cracker.

This event always evokes wonderful memories of the tragic Paul Hunter who claimed three titles in the early part of the last decade, most memorably coming back from 7-3 down in 2001 to defeat the Baby-Faced Assassin Fergal O’Brien 10-9 in a cliffhanger.

Defending champion Mark Selby is off to a flier and leads Mark Davis 4-1 in the opener.

Mark Davis has produced a superb comeback from 4-0 down to level it a 5-5. Deciding frame being played now.

Cracking game on at the moment between Barry Hawkins and Ricky Walden. Walden has battled back from 5-2 down to level it and send us into a decider. The winner will play a rampant Ronnie O’Sullivan in the 1/4s, The Rocket dismissed Robert Milkins 6-1 yesterday.

Neil Robertson earlier pulled off his own comeback to beat Mark Allen 6-5 and faces Stephen Maguire in the 1/4s. Shaun Murphy upset Ding Junhui 6-4 and faces Marco Fu who beat Judd Trump 6-5 in another nail-biter.

Mark Selby meets disgraced former world champion John Higgins in the final 1/4 final.

Walden won 6-5.

Please retract your disgraceful comment regarding forum favourite John Higgins @Sandymount Red

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 888097, member: 48”]Walden won 6-5.

Please retract your disgraceful comment regarding forum favourite John Higgins @Sandymount Red[/quote]

Higgins is a disgarce. His antics in Kiev brought shame on the sport. The double standards applied by the authorities in how they dealt with Stephen Lee vis-a-vis how they treated Higgins are breathtaking.

Stephen Lee didn’t have the Russian mafia pointing a gun to his head unlike John

Higgins exit to a 52 year old Steve Davis at the World Championship the week before his visit to Kiev is one of the most truly astonishing snooker matches of recent years.

Is this some kind of wind-up ??

So you don’t feel the game is brought into disrepute when one of its leading players Higgins is banned for 6 months for his antics in Kiev?

I don’t now why this parasite Higgins is even been discussed when there’s good snooker action on this afternoon. Shaun Murphy has levelled it up at 4-4 in the first of the quarter finals against Marco Fu.

[quote=“Manuel Zelaya, post: 888291, member: 377”]So you don’t feel the game is brought into disrepute when one of its leading players Higgins is banned for 6 months for his antics in Kiev?

I don’t now why this parasite Higgins is even been discussed when there’s good snooker action on this afternoon. Shaun Murphy has levelled it up at 4-4 in the first of the quarter finals against Marco Fu.
[/quote]
You won’t be watching this evening then I take it ??

Personally I think you should be banned from the forum for your posts on this thread but that’s not something I can enforce.

Agree 100%

What the hell was Higgins doing casually talking to a Sheik as he believed about match fixing?

It always struck me as a case of snooker being in decline and the powers that be believing that a scandal involving their top player could finish it off.

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 888294, member: 48”]You won’t be watching this evening then I take it ??

Personally I think you should be banned from the forum for your posts on this thread but that’s not something I can enforce.[/quote]

So what has John Higgins done to warrant such hero worship on this forum? Let me guess, his favourite UK soccer team is Glasgow Celtic.

I will be watching this evening and I’ll be hoping for a Mark Selby win. Incidentally, Mark Selby has close Irish connections with his wife hailing from Carlow.

A piss take I assume.

The footage of the meeting clearly showed John in a very anxious state.

Laughing, leg casually draped across the other, other symthoms like that.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 888302, member: 24”]A piss take I assume.

The footage of the meeting clearly showed John in a very anxious state.

Laughing, leg casually draped across the other, other symthoms like that.[/quote]

His defense was laughable, and as @Sidney has stated earlier on this page he got off very lightly.

The guy was a multiple world champion and didn’t live a hedonistic lifestyle so he must have plenty of money. For him to get involved in skulduggery like this was down to pure greed. His career will always be stained by this. It’s a shame as he came across as such a gentleman and a fierce competitor.

Selby misses reds and doesn’t get foul given against him. Joke