The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

I think this is on alright.

I fancy Higgins and Ronnie strongly and the other 2 are coin tosses for me.

aah i wouldn’t be too sure he lost a couple of terrible frames to robertson but still came back. Its clearly his lack of self belief that is a big problem for him. i deffo wouldnt have him as big as 2/1 that he is now.

i would expect ronnie ,williams and trump to win the other 3 matches fairly easy.

If Lisowski can come back down to earth after last nights epic and avoid a bad start, he has every chance of beating Higgins.

Lisowski needs to stay alive in the first session. He was interviewed last night and looked hyper. Said he was very tired.

Lads, his safety game is very poor while Higgins is arguably the best in the game. He wont get easy pots today. He will get frustrated. Higgins at 4-9 is a gift if you were that way inclined

2 Likes

Never seen a table like this before

First blood to Maguire and Williams

Williams is looking ominous.

O’Sullivan and Maguire both throwing in some very poor shots here.

2-1 O’Sullivan. O’Sullivan was 54-0 up in that frame but missed with the rest and gave Maguire several decent chances to win the frame from there on. Maguire missed the final red near a cushion by playing it with too much pace. Silly mistake.

Maguire should be 3-1 up, he’s probably going to be 3-1 down. Broke down on 55 and has left Ronnie a practice table clear up which he won’t miss.

Williams and Yan have shared the opening 4 frames.

Good recovery from Yan after being 2-0 down. A tougher proposition than Michael White and Jackson Page.

1 Like

This is awful stuff between O’Sullivan and Maguire

Stick a fork in Stevie.

3-2 Williams.

Playing like a club player. Zhao must be scratching his head watching this

1 Like

Ronnie should be thinking 13-3 or better and have tomorrow off

1 Like

The referee might need to be on his guard to shout “fore” any time Stevie is playing a shot. He’s firing the cue ball off the table.

He’ll be doing well to avoid a 13-1 defeat.

4-2 Williams back in control now.