The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Hope Ronnie gets through. His semi vs Trump could be a classic

Ronnie and Robbo have it all to do now.

Bingham 10 Ronnie 9
Hawkins 9 Robertson 8

Ronnie in trouble here

Ronnie doesn’t look happy, that was a crazy shot he tried on the pink. 11-9 to Bingham now :frowning:

Ronnie in big trouble. Seems to be a lot of kicks in this match.

Neil Robertson has a tendency to miss a lot of howlers. Gifted that frame to Hawkins, who 10-8 up now.

Can’t see Ronnie turning this around. His head looks all over the place.

Bingham on the brink

Bingham wins 13-9

Robertson after missing another howler.

Robertson is a funny kind of player. I actually think in terms of pure natural ability he’s up there with Ronnie. Amidst the blaze of centuries he makes, he tends to have an above average rate of missing easy chances and finds himself in close matches he should be running away with. Last year’s 17-15 semi final loss to Mark Selby a case in point and now after missing another easy red with the frame at his mercy, Hawkins got an unexpected chance to level it up at 11-11.

12-11 Hawkins

High standard here.

Its a fascinating contest. Hawkins is such a tough match player.

Robertson should be dominating the sport. He’s the best long potter and break builder in the game and has an outstanding safety game. The all too frequent inexplicable lapses of concentration make it unnecessarily difficult for himself and are seriously undermining him.

12-12

Some fluke by Robertson, he should have snookered Hawkins though and his given him a great chance. He should put a nice score up here.

Free ball! What a gaffe by Hawkins but he might have gotten away with it, what a cliffhanger this is.

What a chance this is for Hawkins, can he hold his nerve?

Superb stuff from Hawkins! I hope he beats Bunter in the semi.

Hawkins a worthy winner. For a player of Robertson long potting ability, he completely bottled that long pot after he had forced the in off mistake from Hawkins with his good safety. Regrettably, I take Shaun Murphy to easily beat Hawkins.

Robertson has a lot of soul searching to do.

After the first sessions it’s

Murphy 6-2 Hawkins
Bingham 5-3 Trump