The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

The blue Robertson attempted in 10th frame was a crazy choice of shot.

He looks rattled, but Holt is a notorious bottler and it will be fascinating to see if can see this out, or will he wilt in the red hot furnace that is The Crucible? He’s got a great chance of making it 8-3 here.

8-4 Holt now, the number 4 seed is in dire trouble.

9-4 Holt.

9-4

9-5

Robbo 9/2 in-running.

Great chance to pull another one back here.

Holt wins 10-6. Shocking result from the great under achiever of snooker Neil Robertson.

Mark Allen has completed a 10-3 win over Mitchell Mann

Despite being clearly the better player this morning, Junhui Ding only leads Martin Gould 5-4. They resume this evening

Keep us up to date with the Wenbo Liang match this afternoon, please.

Weather has dictated that I will spend the afternoon outdoors mate. I will be keeping myself updated on the phone

I’ll be watching the action gents, and will provide frame by frame updates.

Good man. My €20 ew on Liang @ 125/1 gets its first test this afternoon

He looks in fine fettle here in the first frame, he’s knocked in a century and is 1-0 up.

Another century puts Liang 2-0 up. The world number 18 looks in red hot form, Trump hasn’t potted a ball yet.

Trump is a relieved man as he takes the third frame. The Bristol potter looked set to take the scrappy frame until he astonishingly missed a simple black, but Liang then tried a crazy plant along the bottom cushion and left a red over the pocket and handed Trump the frame.

Will be interesting to see if Liang continues this devil-may-care approach, it’s a hugely entertaining match.

Trump rattles in a rapid 86 break to level us at 2-2.

Another bad miss by Trump allows Liang to step in and steal the fifth frame, 3-2 Liang.

Liang takes the scrappiest frame of the match so far to move 4-2 in front.