The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

McManus 12-11 up and about to win.

Alan McManus has knocked out the disgraced John Higgins 13-11. Good riddance.

The disgraced John Higgins sent packing

1 Like

A real crucible classic here with Hawkins and Fu

Hawkins has closed it to 12-11 now. Fu had match ball on both green and blue last frame. I wonder has a player lost from a position in which they were 8 frames ahead since that fate befell Steve Davis in the 1985 final against Denis Taylor? Can’t think of one, off the top of my head.

Fu is falling apart here. A unreal callopse. I’m calling it. He’s toast

Crucial red here for marco

He’s been falling apart from mid afternoon. Mind you, match probably now boils down to this last red off the cushion. If Fu gets it he wins it. If he doesn’t Hawkins will take this frame and decider.

He’s got it. Marco surely will close it out now, finally.

He nails it!! What drama

This is absolutely unreal

Wow!!!

A herculean effort from Marco. Matches like this are what it’s all about

A brilliant clearance of 74 from Marco to win it. We are on for a Hong Kong v China final.

1 Like

What a night of sporting drama at the Crucible. Its the greatest event in the sporting calendar.

I’m wiped out after that. Don’t know if I could be arsed watching the Atletico/Bayern semi final which I have taped and managed to avoid any score updates all night.

1 Like

Colin Murray looks like something dragged in from the street on euros port. Not good enough to be presenting something of this stature

1 Like

Those who wrote Marco off must be feeling rather Fu-lish right now.

That comeback in the last frame was a real FU to his doubters.

A great battling display by the Fu Fighter.

Fu man through.

If he wins the title it’ll be a case of “King Fu”.

I love this time of year. World Snooker followed by the Eurovision. Then it’s summer.

2 Likes