The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Sure enough, routine Black he’s got too close to the red to pot anything. End of break on 42.

And there it was

Murphy will do it I reckon

Very edgy from both players for most of this session. Good long pot for Murphy there mind you but no colour and only an average safety shot.

51 ranked Jamie Jones knocks out 8th seed Shaun Murphy 10-9. Great call from @farmerinthecity to predict that.

1 Like

He only tipped that because of his feud with @Bandage

2 Likes

Only coming late on this match. Murphy was winning the last I saw it and thought it was a ridiculous prediction!

Jones came from 5-8 and 8-9 down to win. I didn’t see any of the proceedings yesterday but I think I’m correct in saying Murphy had good leads in the first session as well?

He was 4-1 up I think.

Hawkins leads Carrington 7-6, the number 6 seed has a battle on his hands. Ricky Walden leads Luca Brecel 5-2 on the other table.

Poor by Hawkins there not to consider the respotted brown on the pink spot.

I thought he should have tucked him up behind the pink a couple of shots before that, he had ran out of position.

He was blessed not to leave anything on when he missed the plant.

I don’t think this Carrington lad is up to much.

1 Like

Jaysus that was brutal from Carrington there.

It’s a very poor standard but Hawkins is a dogged git should he progress.

Christ!! That is woeful!!

Really poor. Hawkins should clear up here.

Just thinking back - Carrington knocking a red safe from his safety when he was chasing the frame was schoolboy stuff.

Hawkins just after hitting a woeful positional shot with the frame at his mercy.

1 Like

This is woeful stuff.

Another horrific shot from Hawkins, this is dire.