The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Ding was very good this morning. Best standard I’ve seen from any player yet so far. That most astute of snooker observers @Tassotti has predicted a winner from the East this year.

Oh dear, Bingham on a 44 break and with the frame at his mercy cannons off a black and it rolls into the pocket to throw Lisowski a lifeline in frame 15.

Cracking frame to win for lisowski

And Lisowski punishes him by clearing up and going 9-6 up. Unreal cueing from Lisowski, the power and aggression from him have been most impressive.

1 Like

Lisowski missed a glorious chance to clinch the match by missing a straightforward black to the middle pocket, Bingham accepts the gift and it’s 9-7.

What country man is Lisowski?

He’s from Cheltenham, believe it or not.

1 Like

England. He’s as English as the Queen of England.

A German, then?

2 Likes

Robert Milkins leads Neil Robertson 5-2 on the other table, could be another shock on the cards there.

Bingham will probably win from here … the easy shots that lisowski has missed are baffling especially as he is knocking in tough shots for fun!

Milkins beat Robertson in the first round in 2013. Robertson is a real under achiever at the Crucible. I’d rate him the most naturally talented player after Ronnie.

What a miss by Bingham, absolutely extraordinary. The Crucible can crush even former world champions.

Bingham is out.

Fair play to lisowski

Lisowski does it, great performance but Bingham will have nightmares about that red he missed from that snooker. Astonishing.

Milkins 6-2 up now. One frame left on the other table, John Virgo and Peter Ebdon in the booth for the BBC on this one.

Milkins with a great chance of going 7-2 up here.

Milkins blew it by missing a simple red, Robertson was left with loads to do but a superb clearance to the pink has made it 6-3. Could be a turning point in that game.

I’m watching the earlier frames here on Eurosport. Robertson looks in poor form which is a shame as he is clearly very capable.