The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Is this the last frame in the session or is there an extra one due to the 35 frame match length?

9 frames in this session

1 Like

Higgins makes a balls of the black looking for the cannon and Williams is in like Flynn again.

Bit of a slant on that table I’d say. Could do with a beer mat to prop up the left side

One more frame. A 17th frame on the Sunday and a half hour earlier starting time for the evening session were introduced for the 2011 final after the Neil Robertson/Graeme Dott go slow in the 2010 final.

Random one here for you, Geoff.

As we all know, the May Bank Holiday Monday is the traditional final day of the championship.

But the famous 1985 final concluded on a Sunday night, April 28th.

1990 and 1995 also concluded on the final Sunday in April, for no good reason that I can think of.

Did the WPBSA ever give any reasons for the change in dates in those years?

I didn’t see the first four frames this afternoon but it was some going by Williams to win all four frames with a highest break of 44. Higgins played the least worst over the next 10 frames. Williams will be delighted to lead over night. Both players are struggling.

A lot of snooker to be played in this final frame yet, you feel.

Ronnie is a brilliant analyst. Called that in off on the brown a few minutes ago.

That was bizarre from John.

Virgo and Parrott called it too, mate.

1 Like

11-7 now to williams.

Come on John. Need to win a couple of frames now. Come on

12-7 now.

Hard to see Williams being stopped here.

John needs the next two to have a realistic chance, you feel.

should be 13-7 now.

Williams really has had the run of the balls this afternoon.

Mark Williams’s snooker career has suddenly and dramatically reawoken this week after many years of deep sleep.

Just think, next year it’ll be Jimmy White doing this.

1 Like

@GeoffreyBoycott mentioned a few days ago that fitness would be a factor during the business end of this championship.

Mark Williams’s 2am trip to a kebab shop after his win over Barry Hawkins has set him up beautifully for this final.

Healthy food > healthy body > healthy mind > healthy game.

Kebabs, the late night dinner of champions.

That missed red by John sums up the way this final is going.

Another good chance now for Williams to go to 14-7.