The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

That was an incredible long red from Mark but misses the pink to the middle.

That was a superb frame from Mark, a beautiful crafted 100 break. He didnā€™t retreated into his shell after the Higgins onslaught, stayed positive and kept going for his shots and heā€™s just one frame away now at 17-15. The lovely Joanne and the boys are looking a little less tense now.

Our bhoy at the point of no return.

Dig deep John

I suppose the one consolation in Mark Williamsā€™ mind as John Higgins came back at him like a train was that he does have experience of staving off a similar comeback in the final in the past.

Ken Doherty was a long way behind in the 2003 final and got back to 16-16 but Williams dug out the last two frames to win.

Williams was also in a 16-16 situation in the 2000 final against Matthew Stevens and won 18-16.

1 Like

ā€œWHEREā€™S THE BLUE BALL GOING?ā€

1 Like

Red rover

I was just thinking the same thing. These big comebacks do take a lot out of the player thatā€™s charging and you do really have to get ahead to complete the recovery, Dennis Taylor in 1985 possibly the exception. Jimmy trailed 4-12 against Steve Davis in 1984 as well, was catching him all the time, but never got ahead and lost 18-16.

Fuck Higgins the cheating cunt.

2 Likes

Excuse me ?

He would never do that to Denise

3 Likes

Scenes

Lads

Would you believe it.

And if thereā€™s one player you donā€™t do that against, itā€™s John.

OMG

Plus 1

Jaysus.

Jesus, that has got to hurt Williams

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Unrale stuff

Guys, that is incredible.

Never, ever, ever write off John Higgins.

And thereā€™s the ultimate proof.

This match just keeps delivering.

1 Like