Throne of Games - The Greatest Story Ever Told - Winter is here

Did Jon give them dragon glass?

I’d imagine so. The hound or no hound, he’d want his head tested to be going beyond the wall to face an army of dead people without some dragon glass.

Ye all need to shut your fucking holes until next week.

Tis fierce handy that they have an accomplished blacksmith in their ranks now, all and the same isn’t it? One who worked under a well regarded blacksmith…

Do you think these things just happen by accident?

I did actually. This one seemed incredibly fortuitous. Wait til he’s reunited with Arya, I’d say he’ll run her through with his hammer.

Well they were going back to Kings landing and our Onion knight had a very soft spot for the lad.

That Littlefinger is an awful hoore all the same, he lead Arya right up the garden path there. She was full sure she was spying on him, when in fact he was only leading her by the snout. He’s backed well into a corner though now, I’d say Arya and Sansa will figure him out, its only a matter of who will swing the sword.

Guys, here’s a key point I’ve realised by myself with no help from anyone else;

According to what we’ve previously been told, Rhaegar Targaryen, the Mad King’s son, kidnapped Ned Stark’s sister Lyanna, sparking the rebellion that overthrew the Targaryen dynasty. It has been strongly implied that Rhaegar and Lyanna had a bastard child together, who became Jon Snow.
According to the septon’s notes Gilly is reading, however, Rhaegar annulled his marriage to Elia Martell and, at the same time, married someone else. His new wife must have been Lyanna, which means their son Jon is a legitimate Targaryen, and therefore the rightful heir to the Iron Throne.
In other words, Daenerys should be bending the knee to Jon, not the other way around.

:thinking:

1 Like

[spoiler]Mate, thats all well and good, but Rhaegar, ruled under the light of the seven. And according to lore of that faith, annulments, divorces, and the like were not permitted.

So while Jon may in fact be the one true King (which would explain why the Kingsguard were at The Tower of Joy, they were protecting the ONE TRUE Heir to the Throne), Rhaegar would have had to pull another sort of stroke to allow Jon be completely legitimitised.
[/spoiler]
It truly is fascinating though.

Ser Davos mentioned he was to be stationed as a smith at winterfell so all tidied up as far as I’m concerned

Lyanna believed in the old gods so Rhaegar may have converted. Poligamy was allowed by Targs in any case

Polygamy wouldn’t clear up the succession however. But you can be assured it was cleared up, the Kingsguard protect the throne, and they didn’t go with Ser Willem Darry to Dragonstone, with the queen and Prince Viserys. They protected the next in line. Jon.

Season 7 finale will be 81 minutes long :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Where are we at, two more episodes left?

Ya 71 mins for the next episode & 81 mins for the last one. OMFG

1 Like

Hon-rale.

Do ye know what but I had no enthusiasm whatsoever for the final season. I’d wager I watched this show before anyone here. I illegally downloaded each episode years ago when season one was on in US, right after each episode ended. I remember putting a few people onto it years back.

The show didn’t really gain legs until season two or three. I feel it hit a real lull during seasons five and six. So much so that I was just trudging through last season and had no appetite for it.

I think the turning point for me was when the Hound got up in the middle of the night to go out and dig two graves in the icy cold ground for two skeletons who died years before as a direct result of his actions. Something moved deep inside me watching that scene. And it pulled me back in right there. It has been excellent since then and is really nicely set up for the finale.

3 Likes

How do you think the show stacks up to the books?

I hope that the mountain battles the wight they bring back? That’s my wish anyway, even better if the wight is hodor!